Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Services

Options
  • 06-06-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Im thinking of cleaning private houses around my neighbourhood. I want to know how much i should charge for 5 bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room, and 3 bathrooms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

We pay €12.50 an hour in Dublin which seems to be the going rate. We also provide all equipment/cleaning products necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pattyburns

Ring a cleaning company in the area, and find out what they are charging, then charge cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

What a ridiculous thread.

Undercut everyone else, great way to do business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pattyburns

Every cleaner that advertises on gum tree, adverts etc, done deal and every shop window are under cutting everybody fool. He just needs help to know what to charge.Fair play to him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

pattyburns wrote: »
    Every cleaner that advertises on gum tree, adverts etc, done deal and every shop window are under cutting everybody fool. He just needs help to know what to charge.Fair play to him.

You do understand that not every customer in the world is solely motivated by the cheapest option. There are plenty of people who are willing to pay a bit more for convenience, quality, reliability etc etc etc.

It's a hell of a lot easier to make a profit if rock-bottom prices aren't your unique selling point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

pattyburns wrote: »

So what if someone charges €2 an hour?

Advertisement