Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New accounts and posting links.

Options
  • 06-06-2014 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Posting links is blocked on new accounts. How long will it be before I can post them ? Is there any way to verify I'm not a spammer to avoid the wait ?

Edit: I just seen another thread about this very thing and it seems you need a post count of 50. Question answered.

Edit2: Seems its not based on a 50 post limit. And all I get is "You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user."

Be nice to have a little more information. Is it post count ? Is it a specific amount of time registered ? Is it a mixture ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

I've been having a root around. I see something about 10 days or 50 posts being the old way but it being changed to 50 posts. I take it its both 10 days and 50 posts before new accounts can post a link ?

Is that not a bit extreme ? I've had this account for a week and posted 60 odd posts across the site. Yet I cant post an image, link or youtube video.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's both 10 days and 50 posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Spear wrote: »
    It's both 10 days and 50 posts.

Thanks for the confirmation.

10 days and 50 posts is a bit much though. Sharing images, videos, article, sources is a bit part of online discussion and its hampered my ability to get involved a good bit over the last few days. And basically just encouraged me to seek out stuff to comment on just to up the post count (hit AH and add to the chaff) or go elsewhere and discuss or share the stuff I wanted to discuss or share.

I understand there's spammers plans to be scuppering but any spammer that isn't put off by 5 days and 40 posts wont be put off by 10 days and 50 posts. It just seems like an unnecessarily long wait given you also have to build up a sizable post count.

Anyway thanks again for the confirmation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement