Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4S wifi repair - FIXIY

• 06-06-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

I am having problems connecting to wifi with my iphone 4s. This has just happened in the last week. I've researched the problem and it seems that upgrading iOS may cause the wifi chip to overheat.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has fixed the problem by using FIXIY's wifi repair service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 Adam4850

i currently have the same problem, i think i might try fix it myself from FIXIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

my gfs iPhone 4s had WiFi issue a few weeks ago WiFi option suddenly greyed out.

i found a fix on the net and it worked like a charm .

heat up you're phone using a hairdryer make sure not to keep it pointed in one spot of the phone wave it around the ear speaker at the top.

keep doing this till the phone displays temperature warning iPhone needs to cool down before use. then power off you're phone, place the iPhone in a paper towel and a sealed bag and put the phone in the fridge "not freezer" for about 10/15 min till its cooled down then remove and take out of the bag power up you're phone and you're sorted .

• Registered Users Posts: 17 M Androgynous

I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

He said it ' it worked like a charm ' so i assumed it worked for him.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

I tried the "heat up" option, i waited till it cooled down on the coffee table, not the fridge. it didn't work for me.

I've no wifi, its grayed out.
    I can hardly hear incoming calls anymore, I have to use the earphones.
    The video capture is not playing correctly either!

I need a new phone!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement