Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis coils and wicking.

Options
  • 06-06-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Got a steam turbine clone from FT, first ever genesis. Built it with SS Mesh, all seemed well until I went to vape. First hit was good, but short, very short for me about 3 seconds. Took a second hit and all I got was dry hit after dry hit. I took off the top cap to have a look to see what's going on. Vapour for a second or two and then the coil starts to light, so I imagine that the wick isn't actually wicking. I rolled it as tight as I possibly could though there is a slight hole. You wouldn't get 28 gauge wire through it like. Any ideas as to what's causing the wicking issue, or have I got the wrong end of the stick altogether???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

pajopearl wrote: »
    Got a steam turbine clone from FT, first ever genesis. Built it with SS Mesh, all seemed well until I went to vape. First hit was good, but short, very short for me about 3 seconds. Took a second hit and all I got was dry hit after dry hit. I took off the top cap to have a look to see what's going on. Vapour for a second or two and then the coil starts to light, so I imagine that the wick isn't actually wicking. I rolled it as tight as I possibly could though there is a slight hole. You wouldn't get 28 gauge wire through it like. Any ideas as to what's causing the wicking issue, or have I got the wrong end of the stick altogether???

What grade mesh?
    What resistance?
    I'd go fully solid with either #500 or #625, they wick great.
    For faultless performance I'd start using rope with a mesh sleeve. Each wick was easily able to take 15-20w without drying out and that was with it firing vertically, no "Genny-tilt".

Advertisement