Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent Residency

Options
  • 06-06-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭

I did a bit of searching for info on this here and it seems that there is no specific thread for it. So I thought it would be helpful for one in the same way that there is one for the visas.

I will be here a year in July, so I am beginning to think about it now so I am well prepared. My only concern with my situation is that I have been mainly working on a freelance basis (graphic designer) with studios for certain amount of hours per studio, I contract through studios and not just for myself. So my only issue that I am worried about is topping up the hours to meet the criteria, obviously if I get a full-time job I would look into the sponsorship route as it would be a better chance of getting it. I do believe I fall under the skills list as well so that is another thing in my favour.

If anyone is doing this now/or has advice for people who will be doing it (like me) then post them up in this thread, hopefully people who want to stay, can.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I had applied for it last year...think it currently takes 9-10 months if you apply yourself. The criteria also changed last year that you only needed 1 years experience in a required field rather than 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

retalivity wrote: »
    I had applied for it last year...think it currently takes 9-10 months if you apply yourself. The criteria also changed last year that you only needed 1 years experience in a required field rather than 2

When you say it takes 9 months? Is that total or from when you sent all of your info in?

9-10 months after everything is sent in, you'll get a decision, or was the case for me and a few other people who had applied at around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Ya pretty sure mine took about 10 months too, however I believe the process has speeded up because 2013 applicants were backlogged due to strikes and other issues.

Yeah I have seen that is quicker now, my housemate got hers very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is it the Canadian experience class you're talking about?

Faith wrote: »
    Is it the Canadian experience class you're talking about?

CEC, yeah thats the one I think, unless sponsorship is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone go down the AINP (Alberta Nominee) route? How long did it take?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Recently landed a fulltime job that will help me with sponsorship through the PNP route. So thats a nice weight off my shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

Can anyone post any links on the PR options please. I have read about the Canadian experience class, but could not find how much this costs roughly??
    Pics have not read about the sponsorship route, has anyone got any helpful links on how it works and what kind of money this costs?
    Cheers

stevplum wrote: »
    Can anyone post any links on the PR options please. I have read about the Canadian experience class, but could not find how much this costs roughly??
    Pics have not read about the sponsorship route, has anyone got any helpful links on how it works and what kind of money this costs?
    Cheers

I think the application itself cost me & the gf around $1200 altogether, but all the associated costs made it near 2 grand in total. $300 to do a fecking English test being the highlight!

If you go the PNP route then I think the English exam is not needed, but for the CEC route its mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

el diablo wrote: »
    Anyone go down the AINP (Alberta Nominee) route? How long did it take?

I went the AINP route and it took me 12 months. However, many of my mates who applied at the same time as me and also via AINP route it only took them 10 months or so.

Advertisement