Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is the best iphone package with the networks?

• 06-06-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Im looking to buy the new iphone 5s and would like to know whats the best deals around?
    Has anyone got one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I have 48months. Fantastic value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP i think a bit more info is required. Are you looking for a contract or prepay? Will you be buying the iphone seperately or as part of the package?

Also what is your usage like? No point in us recommending a package for say 40 bucks a months when you may only need 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CiscoDisco

Ok im looking for a bill pay and yes i always am online,the phonecall pack i dont really care about,its more the data that i need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

CiscoDisco wrote: »
    Ok im looking for a boll pay and yes i always am online,the phonecall pack i dont really care about,its more the data that i need

It would out cheaper to buy a 5s on adverts and then join 48. Best value network in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chompr

That's insane value!!

Think I may head on over to the folk at 48 and buy my iPhone on adverts as suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Is 48 4g compatible? My guess is no due to them being (using) O2 as a network.

Getting iPhone 5S at this stage of its life cycle and only using 3G would be like buying a Ferrari and retrofitting it with a 1.4l engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Don't you have to be age 18-22years to qualify for network 48?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nightster1 wrote: »
    Don't you have to be age 18-22years to qualify for network 48?

Nope it's a marketing gimmick. Much like those lady driver insurance companies. They can't turn down a customer for their age or sex. It's flat out discrimination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

For a tenner you get:

300 any net mins
    Unlimited* any net texts
    1GB data.

Pretty much always have WiFi access the 3G thing doesn't bother me personally.

*Fair usage policy applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nope it's a marketing gimmick. Much like those lady driver insurance companies. They can't turn down a customer for their age or sex. It's flat out discrimination.

Thought the same, but they do have the 18-22 requirement in small print on their TV ad. Hard to know how it works. I think the whole operator is a gimmick, and overly complicated with their "membership fee".

Three PAYG give you unlimited data, unlimited texts, fee Three-to-Three calls and free any network weekend calls and you can keep the €20 credit to spend. Along with the free 4G they offer, I reckon it's the best deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have myself, my rife and two teenage sons all on 48 for past two years and it's fantastic value. I buy their credit online and I have the 48 app on my iPhone that shows me my calls and internet. You can even block buy 6 months credit in advance only €60 for the six months :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Dman001 wrote: »
    Three PAYG give you unlimited data, unlimited texts, fee Three-to-Three calls and free any network weekend calls and you can keep the €20 credit to spend. Along with the free 4G they offer, I reckon it's the best deal.

Have three revealed yet how they are gonna charge for this when users have to pay for the from august onwards?

Dman001 wrote: »
    Thought the same, but they do have the 18-22 requirement in small print on their TV ad. Hard to know how it works. I think the whole operator is a gimmick, and overly complicated with their "membership fee".

I don't know anyone on Three so calls might be an issue for me.
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Have three revealed yet how they are gonna charge for this when users have to pay for the from august onwards?

Didn't see anything on the website. Just that the current €20 deal would end on 31/08.

Advertisement