Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do if an online shop won't reply to my emails???

Options
  • 07-06-2014 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi (and thanks in advance for reading this!)
    I ordered something online 3 weeks ago, and it was supposed to be posted to me within a few days. It's been WEEKS now, and I have sent numerous emails, but NONE have been replied to. The website is legit so I'm not worried about it being a scam, but what should I do? I was considering taking legislative action, like an ombudsman or something, but I don't know which service to use/ how to use it. I would REALLY appreciate the advice guys!
    Thank you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Can you call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Did you pay with a credit card or PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

If you fail to make contact you can request your money back for the product or service by requesting a charge back from your credit/debit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What country are the suppliers in and how did you pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I ordered something online 3 weeks ago, and it was supposed to be posted to me within a few days. It's been WEEKS now, and I have sent numerous emails, but NONE have been replied to. The website is legit so I'm not worried about it being a scam, but what should I do? I was considering taking legislative action, like an ombudsman or something, but I don't know which service to use/ how to use it. I would REALLY appreciate the advice guys!

One more email to them

"Respond within 24hrs or I raise a chargeback with my Bank"

Assuming you paid my creditcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 lauramarie13

40now wrote: »
    Did you pay with a credit card or PayPal.

PayPal

One more email to them

"Respond within 24hrs or I raise a chargeback with my Bank"

Assuming you paid my creditcard.

Does that still work if I used PayPal? Sorry if that's a basic question!

amber2 wrote: »
    If you fail to make contact you can request your money back for the product or service by requesting a charge back from your credit/debit card company.

Do you know if that works if I used PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Does that still work if I used PayPal? Sorry if that's a basic question!

Paypal also has a dispute procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Emails can get lost in generic "info@" mailboxes, filter into junk folders etc.

Does this retailer have a phone number or physical address that you can contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Open a dispute with PayPal and if they can't solve your issues you'll receive a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

They may have a facebook presence where you could ask (nicely)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

PayPal it your man.

We run an online shop and I've no doubt that if you open a dispute with PP you'll have your money back ASAP.

PayPal give huge bias to the customer which is a great reassurance to the consumer.

If I were you I'd ema again demanding a reply within a working day or your opening the Paypal dispute.

All emails can be used to support your paypal dispute.

I think you've waited long enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

As others have said, pick up the phone and call. THEN open a dispute. It's common courtesy to try another form of contact first.

daveohdave wrote: »
    As others have said, pick up the phone and call. THEN open a dispute. It's common courtesy to try another form of contact first.

I'm not so sure...
    If a company has a web shop, makes sales via the shop and takes your money online... Then they are the ones not showing courtesy to their customers to communicate via the same medium...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Again, as others have said, it's possible the emails are being tagged as spam, particularly if the OP is quoting the original email each time. There's a global increase in spam the last few weeks, filters are being adjusted and causing false positives.

Besides, it's a phone call, not brain surgery. It'll take as long as drafting an email or opening a dispute.

daveohdave wrote: »
    Again, as others have said, it's possible the emails are being tagged as spam, particularly if the OP is quoting the original email each time. There's a global increase in spam the last few weeks, filters are being adjusted and causing false positives.

Besides, it's a phone call, not brain surgery. It'll take as long as drafting an email or opening a dispute.

Fair enough on the spam point.. But its not spam that has delayed delivery from a few days to three weeks and the company didn't have the decency to contact the customer !!
    These guys didn't appreciate the business !

I actually have tried calling, but I didn't get through. I'll try calling again on Monday to see what happens, and then proceed with the email and opening a paypal dispute. Thanks for the help, everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

AFAIK, you have something like 45 days to lodge a Paypal dispute - don't wait too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

how about saying who the site is - possibly more information can be had then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Teagwee wrote: »
    AFAIK, you have something like 45 days to lodge a Paypal dispute - don't wait too long.
    +1, the initial proceedings are not that serious, they will be notified which could move things along.

Without viewing the site I can't form an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I presume you got a confirmation email to say your order was actually accepted and/or shipping date, and I presume you already checked your own email spam filters too.

Advertisement