Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from a foreign bank account

Options
  • 07-06-2014 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right forum, mods please feel free to move if I'm not in the right one!
    Would appreciate some advice/info. I'm trying to transfer money (about 12k) from a Turkish account to an Irish account for ASAP.
    Could anyone tell me what the cheapest way to do this would be? I've looked into 'moneygramme' etc, the fee would be about € 300 approx. if I transferred it into my bank account would it be less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I've recently been using transferwise.com and found the service to be excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

homer911 wrote: »
    I've recently been using transferwise.com and found the service to be excellent

Thanks for your reply homer, I'll have a look into that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Apparently CurrencyFair are also excellent, however I haven't personally used them, just recommendations from friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

I'd second currencyfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks everyone I will look into them all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement