Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday June 14th

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Cork city with few pals (aged 35 to 45) next Weekend and we're looking for something to do during the day. Are there any matches (GAA, Rugby) worth watching or any events on in the city worth going to next Saturday?

All suggestions including taking a boat trip or heading to Kinsale for the say etc appreciated.

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

May be something in the cork section of whazon. Nothing comes to mind right now apart from from the Jameson Brewery and World Cup beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

What kind of boat trip? Fishing? Whale watching? Sight seeing?
    Google "cork harbour angling hub" and email or ring a few skippers. Most of them go from cobh but could collect from monkstown pier if that was handier for ye if not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lekrub wrote: »
    May be something in the cork section of whazon. Nothing comes to mind right now apart from from the Jameson Brewery and World Cup beers?

Thanks Lekrub, I tried a few "whats on in Cork" type websites but there doesn't seem to be much on next weekend unfortunately. I'm looking for something which will actually keep us out of the pubs for a few hours, we'll probably go on a pub crawl the night before!!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

.red. wrote: »
    What kind of boat trip? Fishing? Whale watching? Sight seeing?
    Google "cork harbour angling hub" and email or ring a few skippers. Most of them go from cobh but could collect from monkstown pier if that was handier for ye if not driving.

Thanks .red, I'll do that. I'd say a few hours fishing might tick the box but then again a few hours on the ocean with a hangover may not be the best idea ever!!!!

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Ye could take a train from the city to Cobh and take a trip over to Spike island or hire out self drive boats and take a spin around the harbour.There are plenty pubs around Cobh if ye wanted a few pints afterwards.Live at the Marquee will be starting next week but no gig on Saturday.The Coronas are playing Friday night so a busy night if ye're in town.

http://cobhedition.com/?p=26219
    http://www.spikeislandcork.ie/events/daily-ferry-trips

• Advertisement

BenThere wrote: »
    Thanks .red, I'll do that. I'd say a few hours fishing might tick the box but then again a few hours on the ocean with a hangover may not be the best idea ever!!!!

Ben
    I doubt ye'd get a charter for less than a full day on a weekend in the summer. Some of them will do evening trips tho, 5-8 or 9. Pint or 2 in cobh afterwards and back in town on the lash.

BenThere wrote: »

Ben
    I doubt ye'd get a charter for less than a full day on a weekend in the summer. Some of them will do evening trips tho, 5-8 or 9. Pint or 2 in cobh afterwards and back in town on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

You could check out the summer show, it has a food festival, music festival, etc. http://www.corksummershow.com/

Advertisement