Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antivirus won't install

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

EDIT - Thread closed.

Hi all,

I have avast free for some time - seemed ok, but then I could not install new video drivers and a AVG engineer though it was a permissions issue and to remove the avast. I did, and tried to re-install, but got an error. Used avast clean tool also to remove it fully.

I tried AVG FREE as an alternative but that's also not installing. so I've nothing now.

Any ideas?

Screens below.

avg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Are you logged in as an admin account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Are you logged in as an admin account?

Yes - I think so! - How do I check? - there are no other profiles as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Control Panel->User Accounts (in Vista, they might have changed it in W7 or W8)

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Control Panel->User Accounts (in Vista, they might have changed it in W7 or W8)

Checked - yup, My profile is admin...

Figured it with assistance of a mate - Used CC Cleaner to remove some bogus registry entries.

thread closed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement