Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help with finding a skip outside office hours

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Dear all,

I need to get rid of my shop fittings but I can only start when the shopping centre is closed. So ideally I can hire a skip for a couple of hours maybe 7pm-9pm.
    I called many companies but they only drop and collect during office hours.

Please help if you know anybody can offer a late night service.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

If it's only shop fittings and not very heavy a medium sized box truck would do it ?

Fill the back up and drive it away to the dump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Bandara wrote: »
    If it's only shop fittings and not very heavy a medium sized box truck would do it ?

Fill the back up and drive it away to the dump

Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked at this option yet to be honest. Was going to order a 6 cubic yard skip because there will be glasses and wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

The shopping centre should allow a skip to be put into the service / delivery yard. But if this is not possible, get a couple of skip bag or best option is get someone with a van + take an empty wheelie bin from home.

Put glass and other sharp stuff in the bin and the wood etc into the van and bring both to local dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

My shop is far away from the loading bay if I were to leave the skip there. It will be loads of wood and glasses so skip is my only hope. Also I was told I need Dublin city council permission to leave the skip overnight, does anybody know how difficult to get it?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

How about getting skip left on say Monday afternoon and then comng in a 5 in the morning to do the work and get skip collected at 10am?

Shouldn't be an issue with the council, they will probably need you to put cones around it (skip company will have them) and ensure its not blocking traffic or causng issue for pedestrians.

• Advertisement
Advertisement