Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What changes would you make to the Driving Test?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

szatan84 wrote: »
    I was thinking its a bit ott but its a thought. ..

Also, I'm not sure about anybody else but I certainly think that only fully trained medical professionals should attend to people involved in serious accidents. What you think you might know about how to handle spinal injuries could be detrimental to a person lying on the road. If I came upon an accident I would only physically move or come into contact with a person if they were trapped in a vehicle that might ignite, otherwise call 999 and await the ambulance and gardai.

This is called first aid, how to put a person in recivery position, when to do that when not to. Which position to put the person in when hes got breathing problem's. This is life saving stuff! Eveyone is required to provide basic first aid to poeople ina an accident, failure to do so is a crime.

Basic first aid has nothing to do with spinal injuries (as referred to by you in your original post).

"Everyone" is not required to give first aid and it is not a crime in Ireland to not give first aid. You are only required to make contact or ensure contact has been made with the gardai/ambulance/fire brigade. What you are referring to is a tort which is different to a statute governing a criminal offence.
    Anyway, this is going OT.

Advertisement