Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for a noob

Options
  • 07-06-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I am just getting into airsoft and was looking for opinions on the aeg that i am buying.

I cant post pictures so i hope i get the name tight.

I am buying is an APS ASR 107 M4 with blow back system.

I wanted to know if anyone as used them and what they think of them ie. comfort, range, reliability and as a first aeg is it a good choice.

any feed back welcome.

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I have worked a few of their older models 104 and 105 by APS and they are very poor quality and I would not recommend them to anyone

However I am led to believe that their later models are better but from my experience I personally would avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Avoid APS brand rifles like the plague. They are poor quality and not very compatable with aftermarket internals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Obliterator

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think i should rethink my first purchase now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Best bet would be to start with something like a G&G raider/combat machine they are very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

andy_g wrote: »
    Best bet would be to start with something like a G&G raider/combat machine they are very solid.

To be honest, I must disagree, I see a lot of people advising people to buy a G&G CM for their first aeg, but in my view they just aren't up to scratch. :cool:
    I would much rather a JG over a G&G pretty much any day of the week. While a cheap brand, JG guns are pretty decent tanks. Usually you'll have one running stock for ages, and when they go it's the piston (usually).
    I know it sounds strange to be recommending a JG, but I don't think you can go wrong with a full metal JG, as it's a solid upgrade platform, internals are much cheaper to replace than externals. Plus the re sale value of G&G CM is pretty godamn terrible.
    Just my opinion, feel free to scream at me :p

• Advertisement

How does one scream through the medium of text??

andy_g wrote: »

Maybe a couple of years ago but not now IMHO. A CYMA is a great starter gun very reliable and decent performers out of the box. Just make sure your getting one of the later models.

thermo wrote: »
    How does one scream through the medium of text??

Good point, I SUPPOSE THIS MAY BE CLASSIFIED AS SCREAMING? :P

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Good point, I SUPPOSE THIS MAY BE CLASSIFIED AS SCREAMING? :P

Nope that's shouting :) lol

Nope that's shouting :) lol

You got me lol, should I edit or just leave it? ;)

• Advertisement

Ah leave it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MQ10

Have you been airsofting? If not I would recommend you go out and rent a gun and see if the sport is for you, and if so then look below ;)
    Maybe a couple of years ago but not now IMHO. A CYMA is a great starter gun very reliable and decent performers out of the box. Just make sure your getting one of the later models.
    I couldn't agree more, first gun was a CYMA Ak417(ABS and fake wood) It lasted a veeerrrryyy long time! I didn't go near the internals, just mad sure the barel was clean and she was good to go. CYMA is a reliable brand and quite cheap. I'm sure most of their other models are the same (Not just the Ak) Anyways I would recommend you find a gun that *you* like and search for some reviews of it. Best of luck and welcome to the sport!

Advertisement