Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rusted old nail pierced into muller light yogurt (inside pack of 6)

Options
  • 07-06-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I bought the pack of 6 ypgurts. Opened the pack ther to find a nail pierced into one of the yogurts. How sick is that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I bought the pack of 6 ypgurts. Opened the pack ther to find a nail pierced into one of the yogurts. How sick is that
    Not very?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bring it back to the shop and get fresh ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

Nothing really to do with the shop though. As they didnt know that there was a rusted nail stuck in one of the yogurts as there was a wrapper over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nothing really to do with the shop though. As they didnt know that there was a rusted nail stuck in one of the yogurts as there was a wrapper over it

But, your dealings were with them. Write to the manufacturer with photos if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Still, bring it back, your contract is with the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Not true. The purchaser has a contract with the retailer. Its the Retailers responsibility to remedy the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

..it could be entirely accidental, it could be intentional, whatever the situation..

Try and be of some help to the manufacturer, keep any wrappings, so that they can trace/track down any problem batches that might be similarly affected.

Try and contact the manufacturer directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

find a nail pierced into one of the yogurts

That sounds more like it happened in the shop, instead of during processing, ie the nail isn't in the yogurt poking out right?

The nail is in the yogurt poking out

The outer packaging on the pack was fully intact and not torn and as such I am of the view that it occurred during the production process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Have you any idea what you want to happen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have you any idea what you want to happen?

The OP should throw that yogurt in the bin and get on with life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Take photos and then send it to the makers. You will get a voucher for more rusty nails...i mean yougurts.

The OP should throw that yogurt in the bin and get on with life.

Dont worry I aint losing sleep over it

I just got email back from muller asking me could I send on the product to them . Which I will so there ya go

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Gets away with it?
    you make it sound like the knew about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So the nail is in the pot poking out?

I would def send this back, it is a safety issue and muller should investigate.

They can track the pot right back to which machine packaged it so an investigation shouldn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

you had a nail in yours, there may be other debris in others from the same batch that are less easy to spot.

Send it back and give them as much of a chance as possible to find any other potential contamination before someone gets hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

One of my kids found a razor blade in a pack of looms it was in it's own clear wrapper, bit of a weird one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I see muller releasing a new yogurt with extra iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

fenris wrote: »
    you had a nail in yours, there may be other debris in others from the same batch that are less easy to spot.

Send it back and give them as much of a chance as possible to find any other potential contamination before someone gets hurt.

Yes I agree. OP, do not eat the yoghurt. I hope nobody would advise anyone in this situation to go ahead and eat the yoghurt. "Gwan don't be a spa, eat the feckin thing. FFS, eat around the nail then if it bothers you that much."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe it's a complimentary tooth pick, to get all the crunchy bits outa yer teeth. How thoughtful of Muller. Would love a strawberry yoghurt right about now...i'm starving.

OP, expect some muller vouchers and sell them on adverts at knock down prices.

Advertisement