Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Mechanic School

• 07-06-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I couldn't find an appropriate forum so I thought that Leaving Cert was best..
    so I wanted to become a car mechanic (a good one) later in life, and I applied to Mechanical Engineering in GMIT ( I expect to be short of points, but hopefully not) and my issue is that Mechanical Engineering covers much more than car mechanics and i wonder would it not be better to go to a dedicated school or course and what would that be? As close to Galway as possible, and I also thought of something more than just a PLC or something, I mean a proper school after which i would have a proper paper?
    Help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Find what you would consider a good mechanic locally and ask them what path they recommend for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mike2k

Automotive engineering in the UK?? Cranfield maybe? Go look up these terms and you might get what you're looking for? Nissan, Honda, Ford, JaguarLandRover etc recruit people from these courses for their UK vehicle development centre

Advertisement