Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 locks up on speedtest every time (on upload test)

Options
  • 07-06-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi

I just wonder am I unlucky or have others had the same issue. New VDSL broadband works well but F1000 modem needs to be rebooted every few days.

Now I just found out that the Eircom F1000 locks up on speedtest every time (on the upload test) and needs to be rebooted. Alos a problem sending gmail files (again on upload).

So download seems to be ok on the modem but upload kills it.

Any others have the same issue??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

I just wonder am I unlucky or have others had the same issue. New VDSL broadband works well but F1000 modem needs to be rebooted every few days.

Now I just found out that the Eircom F1000 locks up on speedtest every time (on the upload test) and needs to be rebooted. Alos a problem sending gmail files (again on upload).

So download seems to be ok on the modem but upload kills it.

Any others have the same issue??

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi onefinemorning

This does seem very odd and definitely should not be happening. It's best to contact efibre support on 1890260260 or via web chat here: [/font]
    http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/ for assistance with resolving this issue.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 49 onefinemorning

So I spent a wonderful 30 mins of my lunch break listening to the wonderful Eircom hold music to be at last connected to a so called Eircom customer rep - who had no idea how to fix the problem. I may as well have been talking to my daughters pet rabbit.

However.. I did use the webchat support service this evening and to my pleasant surprise the person at the other end actually seemed to know something about modems and eFibre (shock horror).

Apparently I may have received a dodgy F 1000 modem so a new one on the way. - time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

So I spent a wonderful 30 mins of my lunch break listening to the wonderful Eircom hold music to be at last connected to a so called Eircom customer rep - who had no idea how to fix the problem. I may as well have been talking to my daughters pet rabbit.

However.. I did use the webchat support service this evening and to my pleasant surprise the person at the other end actually seemed to know something about modems and eFibre (shock horror).

Apparently I may have received a dodgy F 1000 modem so a new one on the way. - time will tell
    Hi onefinemorning

Apologies for the disappointing service from the centre but I'm glad you got help from web chat. Hope the issues resolves shortly.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement