Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find order but will sign me up for more money

Options
  • 07-06-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I ordered efibre online and got the email "we received your order and will contact you in a couple of days".
    I rang 4 days later to be told there is no record of my order. Then I was told that as I was changing provider, I can only sign up over the phone.
    Difference is, online the offer is for €30 per month for first six months then €45. The agent on the phone said as I can't do it online I have to pay €35 for first six months then €50 a month. Sounds like they are trying to screw people.

Eircom confirmed receipt of my order and therefore all of my personal and banking details are on their system somewhere but can't be found.
    I'll be contacting the data protection commission in relation to the above also.

Can a Rep tell me what's going on and where are my bank details gone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I ordered efibre online and got the email "we received your order and will contact you in a couple of days".
    I rang 4 days later to be told there is no record of my order. Then I was told that as I was changing provider, I can only sign up over the phone.
    Difference is, online the offer is for €30 per month for first six months then €45. The agent on the phone said as I can't do it online I have to pay €35 for first six months then €50 a month. Sounds like they are trying to screw people.

Eircom confirmed receipt of my order and therefore all of my personal and banking details are on their system somewhere but can't be found.
    I'll be contacting the data protection commission in relation to the above also.

Can a Rep tell me what's going on and where are my bank details gone?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Electrician

If you currently have service with another provider I'm afraid the online process will not take accept your order and this would need to be arranged over the phone. The online prices do not apply to service currently with another provider I'm afraid. I can also confirm that the details you provided will be deleted as the online order will fail to be raised to the efibre ordering systems. Should you wish to raise an concerns or complains to the data protection commission you would be free to do so as it's ultimately your decision to do so.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Electrician

Hi Al.
    Nowhere on the order process was i informed that I could not change provider to avail of the offer online. I was also required to enter my UAN which would only be available to someone who is with another provider. So over the term of an 18 month contract eircom want to penalize me by looking for an extra €90. 
    So why was I given the option to select that I am not an eircom Customer and then asked for my uan?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Al.
    Nowhere on the order process was i informed that I could not change provider to avail of the offer online. I was also required to enter my UAN which would only be available to someone who is with another provider. So over the term of an 18 month contract eircom want to penalize me by looking for an extra €90. 
    So why was I given the option to select that I am not an eircom Customer and then asked for my uan?
    Thanks

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Electrician

I forwarded your feedback on this to online operations. I can fully understand your feelings on this especially as the website does give reason to think it can handle a change of provider however as advised I can confirm this is not possible. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

The same happened my order and I was not with another provider!! http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057213523/2#post90554061

Advertisement