Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swap xbox one games?

• 07-06-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40

Hey guys. So just wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping games on the xbox one. I have FIFA 14 and Titanfall.

To swap with me you need to have digital game and not the hard copy.

How it's done:

Basically we exchange each other's log in details to xbox and then download what each of us have from previous downloads.

This is not a scam and I'm looking for genuine people.

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

can't see this ever working unless you know and trust the person really well

also their the only games I have on digital 2, as well as cod ghosts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 FrFester

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    can't see this ever working unless you know and trust the person really well

also their the only games I have on digital 2, as well as cod ghosts :)

Well you could change your password temporarily while the swap is happening and then change it back. There's not really a lot you can do though as my credit card isn't linked up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Nolimits

FrFester wrote: »
    Well you could change your password temporarily while the swap is happening and then change it back. There's not really a lot you can do though as my credit card isn't linked up with it.

It wouldn't surprise me if a change in password meant you needed to log in again. Can't help but feel this is the kind of thing best done with a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Locking this while I consult with my co-mod, exchanging log in details might not be the smartest thing to do with random strangers off the internet...plus it could even be a violation of the XBL t&c's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Xbox Live Terms of Use
    1.9 Are there things I can’t do on the Services?
    • Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism

Seems sharing of account credentials is against the ToU, outside of an approved mechanism to do so. Swapping passwords over boards doesn't seem like an approved system of doing so, unless I'm missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Myrddin wrote: »
    Xbox Live Terms of Use

[/LIST]
    Seems sharing of account credentials is against the ToU, outside of an approved mechanism to do so. Swapping passwords over boards doesn't seem like an approved system of doing so, unless I'm missing something?

even if it was approved by MS ToU, don't think many people would do it here, its more of a mate thing
    If ms wanted it to be shared with strangers online, they would of found a way to implement it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

You can't simply swap games using this method.

Your profile has to stay on the other persons console and be set to 'Home console' to be able to play the games. You cannot download the games and then remove the profile or change the passwords or the games won't be playable.

The method you speak of only works for DLC. For the sharing games method I'd make sure you know the person quite well so you can setup each other's profile on both consoles.

This ability to share games across Xbox Live was originally a part of their family sharing plan idea so if little Jimmy went off to college he could sign into an Xbox One there and download and play his games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement