Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilets facilities in Montessori

Options
  • 07-06-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Dear Mummies and Daddies,

Could you tell me if in the Montessori your child/children are attending are small toilets for children or the adult ones. Do the children use special toilet seats and steps to sit on adult toilet?
    I was recently told by creche manager that children in Montessori don't need small toilet as they have to learn to use the adult one. Also that HSE doesn't allow them to use toilet seats or steps in toilets.
    Thank you in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

sylwunia wrote: »
    Dear Mummies and Daddies,

Could you tell me if in the Montessori your child/children are attending are small toilets for children or the adult ones. Do the children use special toilet seats and steps to sit on adult toilet?
    I was recently told by creche manager that children in Montessori don't need small toilet as they have to learn to use the adult one. Also that HSE doesn't allow them to use toilet seats or steps in toilets.
    Thank you in advance for your comments.

In my daughters Montessori they have small toilets, seems a bit odd that yours doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

They have small toilets and sinks too. The toilet is just off their room so they can go whenever they want and they all queue up to wash their hands before food. My son is 3 and at home he uses a step and a seat, no way he would manage an adult toilet. In restaurants etc. I always have to hold him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Adult toilets in ours with a step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 sylwunia

eviltwin wrote: »
    Adult toilets in ours with a step up.

Hi do they have toilets seats as well in the toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

Small toilets in ours too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

There is nothing in the regulations that state toilet seats cannot be used. The regulations state

'Childrens toilets and wash hand basins are of a suitable size for the age group catered for or suitably adapted with hop-ups'.

MouseTail wrote: »
    There is nothing in the regulations that state toilet seats cannot be used. The regulations state

'Childrens toilets and wash hand basins are of a suitable size for the age group catered for or suitably adapted with hop-ups'.

Thank you mouse tail Could you give me a link to the above regulations or the title of it ?

Thank you mouse tail Could you give me a link to the above regulations or the title of it ?

preschool regulations 2006

http://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/Publications/Child_Care_Pre-_School_Services_Regs_2006.pdf

preschool regulations 2006

http://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/Publications/Child_Care_Pre-_School_Services_Regs_2006.pdf

Thanks for the link Mouse Tail,
    Unfortunately I can't find cited sentence in this document Maybe there is more updated version of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hi do they have toilets seats as well in the toilet?

No but the toilet seat is bigger than normal so they can sit into it easily enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

One creche she was in was a purpose built facility so had little toilets and sinks.
    Another she was in was a converted old building so just had a normal toilet with a little stepping stool but a regular sized toilet and toilet seat.

Advertisement