Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you lose marks in Junior Cert. English if your essay doesn't match the title?

Options
  • 07-06-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I did my essay about a journey I took and the title was "My life changed in 90 minutes". I thought it was kind of implied that the journey took 90 minutes so I didn't write that down, but when I told my friend she thought that the corrector won't understand that and that it makes no sense.

I think its a pretty good essay and I'd say I'll get a lot of marks for it, but if the corrector doesn't think the story matches the title, will I lose marks?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

You'll lose some I think for not matching the title but it's not many. For the LC out of 100 I think 5 are for matching into the title of the essay so even if it doesn't match there's still more than enough on offer for an A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Aideen98 wrote: »
    I did my essay about a journey I took and the title was "My life changed in 90 minutes". I thought it was kind of implied that the journey took 90 minutes so I didn't write that down, but when I told my friend she thought that the corrector won't understand that and that it makes no sense.

I think its a pretty good essay and I'd say I'll get a lot of marks for it, but if the corrector doesn't think the story matches the title, will I lose marks?

Thanks!

Depends on your marker, I'd still say they'd give you the majority of marks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aideen98

Oh God I hope so!

Advertisement