Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2014 - as seen on TV (commentary, pundits, adverts, the whole shebang)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Dunphy's attitude to Kenny C is OTT, really think his time has run its course - smacks of "you're not Johnny Giles so how can you engage in debate with me?", a bit like Brady's approach with Ritchie Sadlier. The three (elderly) musketeers don't like young bucks encroaching on their territory. Maybe Bill shouldn't be the only team member to retire.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

As a side note. After this world cup I think I can say I will never buy a Hyundai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

curioser wrote: »
    Dunphy's attitude to Kenny C is OTT, really think his time has run its course - smacks of "you're not Johnny Giles so how can you engage in debate with me?", a bit like Brady's approach with Ritchie Sadlier. The three (elderly) musketeers don't like young bucks encroaching on their territory. Maybe Bill shouldn't be the only team member to retire.

They are getting defensive because they know its coming to the end of the road for them

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Cunningham is out of his depth. Even when he's right (as I think he is re Terry) he sounds wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What happened between that and the ad break, i missed it

Eamo said Cole and Terry should have gone. Kenny completely disagreed. Bit of debate/sparring with a real sense of menace underneath - Eamo won on points imo.

Didi should have started his analysis with "Like the Swiss I'm neutral....."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Ah stop. Dunphy had an opinion, Cunningham challenged it and Dunphy knocked him on his arse. Unlike the night with Noel King and dozens of others, Dunphy did nothing wrong there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Kenny has a face like a smacked arse now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Kenny had a very sour look on his face.

I like him and he's usually right but he just isn't enough of a dick to win an argument against Eamon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dempsey wrote: »
    They are getting defensive because they know its coming to the end of the road for them

Maybe but when they do retire I can see the whole reason everyone watches RTE coverage going with them.

Like them or not, agree with them or not, everyone flicks over to see what they'll come out with next! Look at Dunphy's little slip-up the other night and the coverage it got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

John Terry would kill his granny, Dunphy should have made this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

McDermotX wrote: »

That face lol

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Looks like he needs to wash the sand out of his vagina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Kenny is a ticking clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Kenny's back into his old habit of talking about the football, the football club, the football pitch, etc.

Jesus Didi......stop talking sense, and let the other two get back to it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I dont think Darragh is the man for the hot seat job,he wont have the same

"Ah now lads" as Bill says when the lads get out of hand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

I don't know what so many seem to find good about these guys. I find them boring and sometimes I get the feeling there's a bottle of Bushmills under the desk for some which start full and is gone before the end of the match.. Only one who to me comes across as sensible is Kenny.

It seems to me it's not just Spain and Italy who need younger players.. ;)

Maybe it's just me being from The Netherlands being spoiled by very entertaining and lively studio panels :D

Wow.......that 'I respect Didi's opinion' from Eamo hit Kenny really, really, realllly hard. !!

KO !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kenny is about bite his own tongue off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Some sour puss on Cunningham now! :D

• Advertisement

Cmon Kenny. F**king erupt. You know you want to.

Kenny's face is priceless when Dunphy says he respects Didi's opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Ah stop. Dunphy had an opinion, Cunningham challenged it and Dunphy knocked him on his arse. Unlike the night with Noel King and dozens of others, Dunphy did nothing wrong there.

Dunphy was going "England wouldn't have conceded those goals with Terry in the side" - then he had the audacity to play the "burden of proof" card on Kenny :rolleyes:

Jaysus Kenny looks like he's gonna go postal there

Definitely hasn't the personality for this job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Bit hypocritical of Eamo to advocate the reintroduction of Terry then minutes later agree with Hamann that Deschamps was right to omit Nasri (and maybe Ribery) for squad harmony reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Eamo:I do respect Didi's opinion.....look on Kenny's face changed from "turning milk sour" to "bulldog licking p*** off a nettle"

Wow.......that 'I respect Didi's opinion' from Eamo hit Kenny really, really, realllly hard. !!

KO !!!!

That was a wicked blow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In fairness to Cunningham is right about Terry, he could have split the dressing room.

Dunphy has just latched onto Terry and Cole (poor case) and I think Kenny was right to challenge him.

Made great TV. Hamman in the middle with a "WTF" look.

wprathead wrote: »
    Dunphy was going "England wouldn't have conceded those goals with Terry in the side" - then he had the audacity to play the "burden of proof" card on Kenny :rolleyes:

Very good. Classic Eamo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Cunningham is such a non pundit though talks in cliches, Dunphy hammered him there.

• Advertisement

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Very good. Classic Eamo.

Inexperience evident from Kenny tonight.

Dragged down...Idiot level...Beaten with experience etc etc

and Kenny fell for it....

Eamo's experience won him that round.

KO !!!!

Just replayed it there... the way Kenny's head comes slowly up!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Sadlier would've handled the situation much better.

RTE's best pundit IMO.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    That was a wicked blow....

Almost cruel......should have been left till after the watershed.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Choochtown wrote: »
    Sadlier would've handled the situation much better.

RTE's best pundit IMO.

I like Sadlier, I wasn't sold on him at first but he's been quality so far in this World Cup, he doesn't have a patch on the Dunphy for pure entertainment value but as a straight talker he's far more erudite and knowledgeable than Cunningham who, by contrast, looks like he just watched a 5 minute Youtube guide on how to be a football pundit, and sounds like he just read "Football Cliches for Dummies" before taking his seat. He's the David Brent of football punditry.

I'm not saying Dunphy was right. He couldn't have been much more wrong. But he won the argument even by talking nonsense. Hell of a skill that and pure box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Cunningham is awful , its not his first tournament doing the job so you would think he d have a handle on it by now. He might be ok as a lone pundit but he just cant engage with the other panelists . If someone disagrees with him he develops the '' psycopath in waiting '' look. Sadlier is a far easier pundit to listen to as he for the most part he is well informed and can have a discussion/argument . The night Giles, Brady and himself had the discussion about moyes sacking he stood up to the older 2 and held his own. He also writes a very good piece in the Sunday Independent . More Richie , less Kenny please!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

SarahBM wrote: »
    Balotelli

Wow, just realised he's an anagram of Altobelli, Italy's 1982 WC winning centre-forward :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Why is Kenny getting all the grief when it's Dunphy talking out of his hoop once again? Dunphy won nothing there, they both came across as idiots, but at least Cunningham doesn't contradict himself every other sentence.

I'd say Kenny is grinning after backing France to win and Dunphy firmly went for the draw

Kenny will have a HUGE smile on his face at halftime now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Don't worry, Dunphy will be able to explain at half time how the Cheese will get three goals in the second half.

Don't worry, Dunphy will be able to explain at half time how the Cheese will get three goals in the second half.

Can see it now:

Kenny "Can't see the Swiss coming back from this now."
    Eamon "Where is your proof? Burden of proof is on you to prove this!"

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I haven't seen Shakira out there Ray, thought she was Columbian anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I haven't seen Shakira out there Ray, thought she was Columbian anyway.

She's gone home with pique lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clarke Carlisle is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Dunphy is making the pissed off face now

Kenny and Eammo would want to hug it out and be "football friends" again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Didi reminding Eamonthat there is football outside the EPL..... Damn ad break came at the wrong time!!

Dunphy is making the pissed off face now

Kenny and Eammo would want to hug it out and be "football friends" again :D

wVEac.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement