Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2014 - as seen on TV (commentary, pundits, adverts, the whole shebang)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    I'd love if the Second Captains lads got a crack at it. Eoin Mc Devitt in the Bill role, Ken Early in the Ramon role going of on the occasional rant as he tends to do, Richie Sadler and A.N Other old pro. Would be cracking IMO

Who's this Ramon fella?? :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Who's this Ramon fella?? :D :pac:

29-Razor-Ramon-2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

New panel, would have to have Sadlier, he's been outstanding since his introduction, shoots from hip but not sensationalist, Kenny is too dry, tries to be analytical but it doesnt work for me. I wouldnt let the second captains crowd next or near it, while i dont mind their shows, there'd be too much attempting to be witty and have banter and less proper analysis. I enjoy Kerr immensely, far better than Ray "he should have done this" Houghton, Kerr very knowledgable and obviously does research for his punditry/commentary roles, unlike Dunphy who said he'd go with Algeria cause the Norn Iron manager fancied them and he knew better. Kerr's problem is his grammar, The columbian left back "Carbanara"... sweet jebus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I think they should get a WAG on the panel. Richie Sadlier is offering his opinion based on being close to football for most of his life but never actually playing at the highest level so a WAG would be equally qualified to comment on certain aspects of the game and possibly more so on events like the World Cup.

A bit of eye candy wouldn't go astray either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Zico wrote: »
    I think they should get a WAG on the panel. Richie Sadlier is offering his opinion based on being close to football for most of his life but never actually playing at the highest level so a WAG would be equally qualified to comment on certain aspects of the game and possibly more so on events like the World Cup.

A bit of eye candy wouldn't go astray either.

Sadlier seems to fit the role Dunphy fills at the moment, an heir apparent. Why a WAG? why not just the sky approach and pick hot tottie? not to be confused with Francesco Totti in a rich vein of goal scoring form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The boys were on top form yesterday
    Real Madrid could do with a bit of bite up front,Suarez felt he neded a tasty Italian ,Suarez likes Italian dishes
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/worldcup/2014/0624/626255-analysis-some-bite-up-front-and-other-bad-jokes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,917 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

wonga77 wrote: »
    Loving klinsmann's yank/german accent

Does anyone else think Kilnsmann http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/b0l1eaBBv-P/Mexico+v+United+States/5-es9qbsgde/Jurgen+Klinsmann is a dead ringer for Martina Navratilova?
    http://www.quotecollection.com/image-view.php?img=martina-navratilova-4.jpg

They even sound the same!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

It's well known amongst Bavarian socialites that it is next to impossible to get Navratilova and Klinsmann in the same room. Read into that what you will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Stephen Alkin - "Here's a chance for Argentina and Musa has scored!"

Wrong team, Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kenny is a gas man he seems to disagree with everyone and everything,

You could have a drinking game,everyone downs a shot when he starts an answer
    with "Il have to disagree with that...."

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Stephen Alkin - "Here's a chance for Argentina and Musa has scored!"

Wrong team, Stephen.

Yeah he's having a bit of a nightmare during this match, he's made a few mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah he's having a bit of a nightmare during this match, he's made a few mistakes.

Yeah he's on about his Auntie Betsie now, stunned silence from Beglin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

In the RTE relegation battle between Peter Collins and Stephen Alkin, this has been a real 6-pointer that has gone in favour of Peter Collins.

I would imagine if you went through the full transcript of what Alkin has come out with today it would be just choka-block full of cliches and inanities.

A master of saying nothing insightful in the worst possible way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Alkin "And plenty of support for Nigeria here in Ireland too" hmm thought they were in Brasil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://ie.trending-topic.com/Ireland/topics/%22Stephen+Alkin%22/
    Stephen Alkin refers to Lavezzi/Higuaín partnership at Napoli, despite Lavezzi's 2012 departure and Higuaín's arrival in 2013… @dangerhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Calm down Kenneth.

It's all kicking off here between Kenny and Richie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Cunningham has being shown up by Sadlier now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Poor Kenny on the rampage here Richie is laughing it off :D

Kenny "pissed off at absolutely everything" Cunningham and Richie having a heated debated on squirting water.

Richie "You're getting too angry about everything"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Richie "You're getting too angry about everything"...

Sums up Cunningham, can you imagine him on a night out? Agro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jaysus, Cunnningham is the anti-craic, he really is. Such an overreaction! :D

Alkin "And plenty of support for Nigeria here in Ireland too" hmm thought they were in Brasil.

That proves the point some of them are doing it here at the RTE Studios

I'm beginning to think even Roy would be telling Kenny to relax and let the small things go at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Kenny was right though. Thought that was strange from Richie who usually tells it as it is. Think he just wanted to have a go a Kenny.

Darragh got in a decent "I wish I had a water bottle" before going to the break as well

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Kenny "pissed off at absolutely everything" Cunningham and Richie having a heated debated on squirting water.

Richie "You're getting too angry about everything"

This is why I think Kenny needs letting go after the world Cup, he could make great TV with Richie and whoever else winding him up on the panel. He's far too dour and serious.

Neeson wrote: »
    Kenny was right though. Thought that was strange from Richie who usually tells it as it is. Think he just wanted to have a go a Kenny.

how was he right Neeson, Richie was on the ball what does Kenny know about either guys' relationship in the camp. It's all just guessing at this point. Kenny needs to take a chill pill, he's coming over like he could go Travis Bickle any minute :pac:

Looper007 wrote: »
    how was he right Neeson, Richie was on the ball what does Kenny know about either guys' relationship in the camp. It's all just guessing at this point. Kenny needs to take a chill pill, he's coming over like he could go Travis Bickle any minute :pac:

RTE afraid to get rid off Kenny in case he goes on a murder spree around Donnybrook, or maybe bites someone

• Advertisement

I. Think he was right about not spraying water on your manager. But because it was kenny then it's probably best to say its wrong. I think prople need to let Kenny be. I'd say Sadlier knew how the
    Public were reacting to him and decided to gain a few points himself by disagreeing and throwing in the smart comment.

I suppose richie had a point as well but it seemed a bit cûntísh to say that in light of recent events with Kenny.

RTE afraid to get rid off Kenny in case he goes on a murder spree around Donnybrook, or maybe bites someone

He does seem he's on the edge of just going a little insane :pac:

I just don't see him fitting into the panel really. I know Ronnie Whelan is a bit of a miserable git but he's not afraid to join in on the joke, Kenny is totally agaisn't it and it's clear some of the panel are taking him as joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Falling Down 2 staring Kenny Cunningham :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Richie Sadlier @RichieSadlier · 4m
    Just poured my water over Kenny to help demonstrate my point. It didn't work #rtesoccer #squirtgate

https://twitter.com/RichieSadlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

But richies right we don't know anything about lavezzi and sabella's relationship. For all we know they're best mates .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Richie was talking some ****e and Kenny was spot on to call him on it. I have found Richie has been increasingly talking ****e as he gets more comfortable, he better not go down the Dunphy road. Richie would do well to remember he was in Kenny's position not too long ago with the other lads ripping into him for disagreeing all the time.

I almost puked the other day at the Giles, Whelan, Dunphy love in - "Oh i agree with ronnie, oh i agree with eamon, what do you think ronnie" Piss off you gimps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Deco99 wrote: »
    New panel, would have to have Sadlier, he's been outstanding since his introduction, shoots from hip but not sensationalist, Kenny is too dry, tries to be analytical but it doesnt work for me. I wouldnt let the second captains crowd next or near it, while i dont mind their shows, there'd be too much attempting to be witty and have banter and less proper analysis. I enjoy Kerr immensely, far better than Ray "he should have done this" Houghton, Kerr very knowledgable and obviously does research for his punditry/commentary roles, unlike Dunphy who said he'd go with Algeria cause the Norn Iron manager fancied them and he knew better. Kerr's problem is his grammar, The columbian left back "Carbanara"... sweet jebus
    You know Richie Sadlier has been an RTE panelist since 2008?

Falling Down 2 staring Kenny Cunningham :)

I'm almost tempted to send him a list of RTE employees that he could target when he does rage out.

Take out these lads and lassies when you do lose it and I'll chip in a few quid for your defence fund.

Only thing stopping me is that I'm afraid he might track me down. ;)

Davei141 wrote: »
    Richie was talking some ****e and Kenny was spot on to call him on it. I have found Richie has been increasingly talking ****e as he gets more comfortable, he better not go down the Dunphy road. Richie would do well to remember he was in Kenny's position not too long ago with the other lads ripping into him for disagreeing all the time.

I almost puked the other day at the Giles, Whelan, Dunphy love in - "Oh i agree with ronnie, oh i agree with eamon, what do you think ronnie" Piss off you gimps.

is that you kenny :pac:

Looper007 wrote: »
    is that you kenny :pac:

Just dropping truthbombs while others are talking gick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I like Sadlier at times and he can make some good points, but at other times he comes across as nobody should take anything seriously in football, and if they do they need to chill out etc. Sadlier tries too hard to have the 'peoples opinion' on things sometimes, he doesn't really like to do straightforward analysis of things, even when thats all that can be got out of a certain event.

Kenny is a very good analyst, it just comes across in a slightly awkward way.

• Advertisement

Just dropping truthbombs while others are talking gick.

So you're definitely Kenny is what you are saying.

Anyone else think Kenny could have this phrase tattooed somewhere?

Corholio wrote: »
    I like Sadlier at times and he can make some good points, but at other times he comes across as nobody should take anything seriously in football, and if they do they need to chill out etc. Sadlier tries too hard to have the 'peoples opinion' on things sometimes, he doesn't really like to do straightforward analysis of things, even when thats all that can be got out of a certain event.

Kenny is a very good analyst, it just comes across in a slightly awkward way.

that's not been awkward that just been miserable and dour, Richie is always up for a joke and is a great pundit, he does straightforward punditry but you got to have a bit of entertainment having three dour and boring pundits doesn't work that's why RTE are head and above other stations for football punditry. Some of you want it all going backwards and ending up like BBC/ITV which I find frightening,

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Why did John deflect the Neymar question?

Why did John deflect the Neymar question?

"Well I dont know much about him Bill"

Neeson wrote: »
    "Well I dont know much about him Bill"

But shur he is great craic!

But shur he is great craic!

ah he is Davei :pac: don't want some misery guts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Get the feeling Billo thought Brady just made up that whole story about playing "uptown" from the Maracana..

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

So are Neil Lennon, Brad Friedel and Paul Clement not on the panel at all? Why were they advertised as going to be on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So are Neil Lennon, Brad Friedel and Paul Clement not on the panel at all? Why were they advertised as going to be on it?

Neil Lennon is with ITV

Some are saying they will come in on the later stages. I think someone said on here that Lennon is flying back for the last 16 matches. I'm surprised Friedal has been used for the U.S matches, maybe he skipped out cause he was offered more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement