Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths OL JC HELP

Options
  • 07-06-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

maths paper 1 OL on friday was ok for the first 10 questions for me but after that i started to get stuck because i hadn't algebra revised properly and its not my strong point either. also i hate graph questions too but i know the last question was worth 50 marks (graph question) but i think i have got some marks for that question.
    im just worried for paper 2 on monday i know everything about data and probabilty but after that im lost
    what should i spend tomorrow learning and revising so ill be prepared for the paper?
    i think i barely passed paper 1 even tho it wasnt extreamly hard but what would i need to get in paper 2 to bring my overall mark to a C
    also how many marks are awared for the questions in paper 1? as it doesn't say on the exam itself thanks (sorry for the long question) have a nice day :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 missdons

on friday i did the Jc ol maths paper even though it wasn't extremely hard or anything after the first 10 questions i started to find it tricky. i forgot all my algebra and there was graphs questions at the end (both aren't my strong point in maths)with one worth 50 marks i think i have got some marks for that one but anyway paper two is monday and im dreading it. i know about data & probability but i dont know anything else after that what should i learn and revise for monday????
    also i think i barely passed paper one and im just wondering what would i need to get in paper 2 to get a C? thanks have a nice day and sorry for the long questions lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Common topics on paper 2 are perimeter/area/volume, probability, statistics, theorems, constructions, trigonometry and co-ordinate geometry. You should try to learn how to do the theorems/constructions as there's a very good chance that they'll come up.
    It's impossible to know the exact marking scheme as they often change it depending on how well people end up doing in different questions, but a general rule is that each question is worth twice the allocated time, e.g. if it says to spend 5 minutes on the question it's worth 10 marks, if it says to spend 15 minutes it's worth 30 marks. That's only an approximation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Teachm

I suggest you practice some paper two questions.did your teacher give you your mock solutions.paper two statistics probability geometry trigonometry.if you can get someone or a. Gp to go to paper two sample papers together.keep trying.

Advertisement