Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** 2014 LC French - all levels - discussion, predictions, practice your French **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

linguist wrote: »
    Celtic Rambler: ...

Puisque vous n'avez vraisemblablement aucune relation avec les candidats au LC, ni leurs profs, ni le jury d'examen, je me demande pourquoi cette intervention si inutile et négative. Je suis bien content que le systeme scolaire francais ait répondu si bien a vos attentes - malgré ses défauts (études PISA etc). Vous pourriez au moins réserver votre critique du notre jusqu'au moment ou ces jeunes candidats aient défendu leurs six années de préparation demain matin.

I'm sorry you think my contribution "inutile et négative" but it was a discussion question (en français, before the threads were merged) highlighting a confusing translation, given that the two exams are quite different. In France, the Irish exam is referred to as le Leaving Certificate not "le Bac" ... FWIW, my son briefly taught French to Irish 5th years, under the supervision of my own LC French teacher who prepared me well for a decade dealing with l'administration française, so we're not entirely naïve in this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Caoimhz

Any predictions for the abstract topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Je suis tres nerveux. Particulierement pour l'opinion. Je n'ai pas prepare beacoup. Avec espoir, il ne vais pas tres difficile. Honetement, Je pense que quelque chose au suject de coup de monde pourrait venir. Je besoin de bien faire mon examen, peut-etre C1 ou B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

J'espere que un examen français etaient très facile! (May or may not be testimony to how bad my French is :pac: )

Hoping a general essay comes up, so that I can bullsh*t my way through it. Definitely starting with the RCs to get myself into the flow of French again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Je suis vraiment nerveuse. J'ai préparé la grammaire mais je n'ai préparé des essaies. Tout dépend sur les questions. J'espère qu'il y aura les questions accessible......... S'il vous plait!!! J'espère que le tape aura bon aussi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Well that was a lot easier than expected, did all four reactions and was still finished at 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

What a lovely paper <3

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PRDY

So what did her teacher realise at the train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

PRDY wrote: »

Was it the wrong train? Or a bad train?

Only section that caught me was Carole and her damn town!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

That listening was beautiful :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

The whole thing was a nice paper, but the second reading comprehension questions was a little difficult. The writitng section was probably the best i've ever written. I hope I get a decent grade in this exam. i really want to continue french.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

PRDY wrote: »

That they were on the wrong train. :)

Reading comprehensions were very easy in my opinion, particularly the second one. The obligatory question wasn't ideal for me. I did the second one and mentioned parents don't do enough to protect their kids from online risks and risks associated with alcohol.

I did the journal intime which was different but still very nice! I think it was my best question.

I was undecided between smoking and the feminism one but I went for the feminism one as I revised it last night. I said the situation has improved greatly and discrimination is no longer tolerated really.

The listening was pretty good too, although the guy next to me was scratching his arm continuously. Another guy kept sniffing too which was really off-putting. I think I got most of it right anyway though. Was it €30,000 in the envelope? On the second play through the guy near me just sniffed at the time. It seemed like a hell of a lot for an envelope so I was thinking it may have been three but I went with my initial answer.

En conclusion, je suis tres contente avec le papier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nunchuks

scallway wrote: »
    That listening was beautiful :)

Seriously? it was terrible for me and i did fine with the rest of the paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Lovely paper. Cigarettes came up :D I knew it.
    Shopping Id already done the question on branding so same thing.

Lovely listening too no months.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

robman60 wrote: »

YES!

...sorry.(I couldn't hear properly so just guessed from what I could hear :))

Pretty nice paper I think. I had a nice long rant about why I hate shopping. The journal intime was a bit strange, as you couldn't really be happy or sad about the situation like you usually can(Which meant I couldn't use some of my best phrases) but I managed fine I think.

The reading comphrehensions were fine too, but for the first one, what was the answer to the multiple choice question?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Microphone Head

FHB wrote: »
    YES!

...sorry.(I couldn't hear properly so just guessed from what I could hear :))

Pretty nice paper I think. I had a nice long rant about why I hate shopping. The journal intime was a bit strange, as you couldn't really be happy or sad about the situation like you usually can(Which meant I couldn't use some of my best phrases) but I managed fine I think.

The reading comphrehensions were fine too, but for the first one, what was the answer to the multiple choice question?

I said (c). I don't know if it was right though

Reading comprehensions were very easy in my opinion, particularly the second one. The obligatory question wasn't ideal for me. I did the second one and mentioned parents don't do enough to protect their kids from online risks and risks associated with alcohol.

I did the journal intime which was different but still very nice! I think it was my best question.

I was undecided between smoking and the feminism one but I went for the feminism one as I revised it last night. I said the situation has improved greatly and discrimination is no longer tolerated really.

The listening was pretty good too, although the guy next to me was scratching his arm continuously. Another guy kept sniffing too which was really off-putting. I think I got most of it right anyway though. Was it €30,000 in the envelope? On the second play through the guy near me just sniffed at the time. It seemed like a hell of a lot for an envelope so I was thinking it may have been three but I went with my initial answer.

En conclusion, je suis tres contente avec le papier! :)

I got that too, 30 Mille.... What
    Did u get for the one with the French singer. What were his plans for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

I said (c). I don't know if it was right though

I said (b) because it was Marco's dad who played the trumpet, but I don't think b quite fit either. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Can someone please confirm the reason for people being evacuated in the last section is because of floods? Or am I completely wrong :/

A7XGirl wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm the reason for people being evacuated in the last section is because of floods? Or am I completely wrong :/

Yeah that's what I got!

• Advertisement

booblefoop wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I got!

I put fire then crossed it out and wrote floods as a guess omg I hope it's right

booblefoop wrote: »
    I said (b) because it was Marco's dad who played the trumpet, but I don't think b quite fit either. :/

Did it no say that Marco dad played music in the town? and in the text is said something like they would see the town hall and he would play the trumpet. What was option (b)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I put fire then crossed it out and wrote floods as a guess omg I hope it's right

Yep it was flood.

"Inondation" = Flood.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

Did it no say that Marco dad played music in the town? and in the text is said something like they would see the town hall and he would play the trumpet. What was option (b)

Petty sure it was (D)

It said in the option that Marco played music in the town and in the text is said something like they would see the town hall and he would play the trumpet. What was option (b)

I thought it said Marco's dad played the trumpet, maybe I read it wrong? :O B was something about the town watching the performance standing up, but the text said they were sitting

What was the verb in the second comprehension?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

oncex wrote: »
    I got that too, 30 Mille.... What
    Did u get for the one with the French singer. What were his plans for the summer?
    -Produce an album aimed at kids
    -Go to a wood to pick mushrooms!

I only got the second one on the last play through and even then I just caught him say bois!

Verb in the second comprehension was s'enfuir I think.

What was the verb in the second comprehension?

Reflexive verb

-Produce an album aimed at kids
    -Go to a wood to pick mushrooms!

I only got the second one on the last play through and even then I just caught him say bois!

Verb in the second comprehension was s'enfuir I think.

I got outings in the woods and collecting mushrooms.... Wasn't sure if they all counted as 1 we'll see in September I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Are these grammar answers right?
    Feminie adjective -(sa) propre (caravane)
    Reflexive verb - s'enfuhir or something like that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement