If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon Avrx3000 monitor interference

Options
  • 07-06-2014 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I'm getting lines of picture interference from the monitor feed of this baby :(
    Its like the width of a ruler on the display of mostly red or green lines,sometimes the display goes entirely green.
    The amp is now basically un useable for tv and movies.
    Theres no interference with sky hd via pass through using the same hdmi monitor feed(presumably its passing through that anyhow)
    I've changed hdmi cables so its not that.
    What's going on?

Yes its happening on blu ray and any other device aswell,which obviously isnt a premium experience anymore :(

The avrx 3000 was bought in january.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

whitebriar wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I'm getting lines of picture interference from the monitor feed of this baby :(
    Its like  the width of a ruler on the display of mostly red or green lines,sometimes the display goes entirely green.
    The amp is now basically un useable for tv and movies.
    Theres no interference with sky hd via pass through using the same hdmi monitor feed(presumably its passing through that anyhow)
    I've changed hdmi cables so its not that.
    What's  going on?

Yes its happening on blu ray and any other device aswell,which obviously isnt a premium experience anymore :(

The avrx 3000 was bought in january.
    Hi White,

Apologies to hear you're having issues with your amp.

When I started reading I thought straight away it would be a cable issue.  But if you've tried different cable and sources then it must be the amp unfortunately :(

We may need to get the amp back so we can let Denon have a look at it.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Hi White,

Apologies to hear you're having issues with your amp.

When I started reading I thought straight away it would be a cable issue.  But if you've tried different cable and sources then it must be the amp unfortunately :(

We may need to get the amp back so we can let Denon have a look at it.

Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    Just to add,the interference starts about 10 or 20 mins into watching something,sometimes longer.Its start is random but always happens.
    Switch off and wait a minute and its still there.
    Wait an hour or to the next evening and its gone only to be back again after a while of use.
    Its as if it happens when it heats up.

How do I get it back to you? Or whats next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

If you can return it to : 

Richer Sounds
    Service Department 
    7 Smithfield Square
    Belfast 
    BT1 1FN

and please include a note with the fault and your name, address and contact number. Please also ensure that it is well packaged. 

We'll get it looked at and then back down to you as soon as it's ready.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi there.

If you can return it to : 

Richer Sounds
    Service Department 
    7 Smithfield Square
    Belfast 
    BT1 1FN

and please include a note with the fault and your name, address and contact number. Please also ensure that it is well packaged. 

We'll get it looked at and then back down to you as soon as it's ready.

Many thanks

Dave
    Thanks Dave,

Can I actually bring it up to you? I might be up there in a couple of weeks?

I bought a supposedly top of the range shielded 'gold plated' etc hdmi cable today as a last ditch chance and sadly 50 mins in,on comes the interference bar again :(

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Even better if you bring it up - we hate entrusting top-end kit to couriers when they are not boxed in their original packaging, so that would be great!

Give us a shout when you are coming and we will set the dem room aside for you and have the kettle on!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Not sure yet,but I might be in in the afternoon guys with this.

A rather out of breath me just left in the Denon to ye there.
    Its playing I am legend I think from a blue ray,I've had to head home but will be back up in a week or two.
    Thanks,let me know.

I asked a question on the America based AVS forum,having googled.
    Have you guys ever heard of a hdmi handshake issue ?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1465528-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owner-s-thread-faq-270.html#post25482170

I asked a question on the America based AVS forum,having googled.
    Have you guys ever heard of a hdmi handshake issue ?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1465528-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owner-s-thread-faq-270.html#post25482170
    Hi Whitebriar.

It has been a brave while from I came across handshake issues.
    Normally handshake is caused when two items have issues when pairing together.

What is the monitor that you are using to display the picture or is it a Television?
    The unit was purchased in Jan, has it had this issue from day one or has it developed over time?

Have you checked on Denons website to see if there are any firmware updates for the 3000 amp?

Hi Whitebriar.

It has been a brave while from I came across handshake issues.
    Normally handshake is caused when two items have issues when pairing together.

What is the monitor that you are using to display the picture or is it a Television?
    The unit was purchased in Jan, has it had this issue from day one or has it developed over time?

Have you checked on Denons website to see if there are any firmware updates for the 3000 amp?
    its developed recently,not day one.
    It's a Sony kdl ex 403 LCD TV.
    The denon told me a software update was available maybe a month or two ago and it was downloaded and installed so I'd say it has the latest.
    It is in the store if you get a chance to look at it.

Could there be a handshake problem between that TV and the Denon? It's pretty strange that the picture is perfect via pass through ie when the amp is off and that the problem starts only after the Denon has warmed up.
    That awkwardly would explain why you guys are seeing no interference.
    Once the interference starts it doesn't stop until the unit is powered down for a few hours.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Just hooked up the new panny lads to the avrx3000 and the exact same problem only worse.
    Same interference bars across middle and bottom of the screen :(

Devastated,I do not know what to do :(

Interference immediate.

The screen has now gone completely pink.

I'll take a photo and post because the pink screen you will see in a photo.

Edit photo attached.

What on earth is causing this?

Picture on itv1 hd perfect via terrestrial aerial as is sky hd when I turn off the amp.

All video and sound now stopped from the amp.
    Incredible stuff this :mad:
    Just stopped at random.

Turned everything off,powered all off.No joy.
    Spotify seems to be working as when I use the iOS app to switch it on the display on the unit is listing the songs playing and changing to the next one when each one ends but of course I can't hear it :rolleyes:

Also hooked the sky hd box back to panny tv direct because pass through is not working anymore either.
    Doing that gave me a perfect sky hd picture but No tv sound...I had to go into into the sky box menu to switch the sound from Dolby digital back to normal and that restored sound.
    (Never had to do that with the 3yr old Sony)

So now I have a new Denon,a new panny and well I am getting more entertainment tonight from my old medium wave transistor radio up stairs and will soon have a stack of various hdmi cables (all working with everything else) to put up on eBay.

I am very very annoyed and frustrated at this stage and am calling it a night.

Edited at 840 am

No sound from zone 2 either - suddenly stopped... Front panel is telling me I have spotify on etc and rolls through the songs.

Lovely :(

Edited at 9am did factory reset and no change.
    No video or audio.

Have to leave this now.

By the way where is the download of the panny user manual for the as650b?
    Basic Things like that should be clearly visible on their site at the specific models page,all I can find is a spec sheet,albeit this whole process has me tired and annoyed at this stage,it might bite me.

Hdmi 3 as you can see from the attached photo, no signal detected at all from the Denon

Cable works fine on anything else,I will try another tv later

Spoke to Chris who is contacting Denon for them to contact me.
    I have picture and sound back after another reset but it is so bad with green screen that I cannot do the set up now :(

This is on any hdmi lead I have.

To reiterate,those hdmi's are working perfect hooked up to the tv separately.

See attached

Ok bought another 'gold plated' hdmi cable and we have a picture with one bar of red /blue interference across the centre of the screen :(

Better in the sense you can now see a picture but still dreadful.
    Hd it is not :(

Ok bought another 'gold plated' hdmi cable and we have a picture with one bar of red /blue interference across the centre of the screen :(

Better in the sense you can now see a picture but still dreadful.
    Hd it is not :(
    Hi White,

Fingers crossed we can get this sorted for you.

I've just sent you an e-mail ref Panasonic.

Chris

Just by way of an update.
    The guy from Denon rang me a few weeks ago and having seen photos of the problems agreed the unit needed sending for repair.
    I got it back yesterday and it is working picture and sound perfect,delighted with it,is that a good result or what?

Thanks All

Just by way of an update.
    The guy from Denon rang me a few weeks ago and having seen photos of the problems agreed the unit needed sending for repair.
    I got it back yesterday and it is working picture and sound perfect,delighted with it,is that a good result or what?

Thanks All
    Hi Whitebriar.

At last you have it back and fully working!!!

Fingers crossed no more problems out of it :D

Now you can enjoy your home cinema experience once again!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.