Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Leaving certificate German 2014 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

FatRat wrote: »
    Whats the difference between "Es ist" and "Es wird"?

Also, when exactly should you put "zu" before a verb? e.g zu machen

Wird is used in future tense ist is used in present
    And for the zu I normally just use it in um-zu conjunctions eg
    Ich Lerne Deutsch,um ein job zo bekommen-I learn german in order to/to get a job
    I try to stay away from them out of habbit but I think its like this
    Zu does not come before the verbs-blieben-segen-horen-gehen-fuhlen-lassen and machen so you wouldnt say zu machen but with anything else its normally a zu like zu speilen, zu gehen.. But theyre annoying so I just dont use them alot :p Oh and btw with um..zu , zu does come before machen....Isnt german just too fun :rolleyes:

Would you be able to send me some notes on healthy eating, bullying and the world cup please!!! I really need them

Hmm I dunno I dont have them typed but I dont have world cup vocab just have to make a sheet tomorrow and the other thing is its only vocab not really sentences. so if you have vocab I wont be much use to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

FatRat wrote: »
    Whats the difference between "Es ist" and "Es wird"?

Also, when exactly should you put "zu" before a verb? e.g zu machen

'Es ist' would be describing something eg es ist blau- it is blue

'Es wird' is the use of the Passiv, action is being done to the object eg es wird geputzt- It is being cleaned

You use 'zu' when you want to say 'to+verb' eg Ich versuche mein Abendessen zuessen - I am trying to eat my dinner.

However you never use 'zu + verb' in a sentence with a modal verb (mussen, sollen etc.) If I was to say 'I want to eat my dinner, I would remove the 'zuessen' and it would be 'Ich will mein Abendessen essen'

Hope that clears that up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leaving cert1

Hmm I dunno I dont have them typed but I dont have world cup vocab just have to make a sheet tomorrow and the other thing is its only vocab not really sentences. so if you have vocab I wont be much use to you

Just anything at all please! ! I'm absolutely ****ting this, can you please help me

Just anything at all please! ! I'm absolutely ****ting this, can you please help me

Yeah I guess Ive made a small word thingy with the vocab our teacher gives online and added some. It'll do.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 leaving cert1

Yeah I guess Ive made a small word thingy with the vocab our teacher gives online and added some. It'll do.:o

That would be great, thanks a million :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

anyone want to be a legend and send me the stuff you learn off for the letter, like the intro and conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

69cokaz wrote: »
    anyone want to be a legend and send me the stuff you learn off for the letter, like the intro and conclusion?

I could just write it here, so other people could see.
    Usually it's, -Liebe (Girl)/ Lieber (Boy)

-Basic intro sentence: 'Herzlichen Dank auch für die Glückwünsche (Thanks for the good wishes)

-Some easy opinion phrases, 'Meiner Meinung nach- In my opinion', 'Ich glaube/finde/denke/meine dass... I believe/find/think/think that....'

-Suitable ending 'Jetzt muss ich gehen weil ich viele Hausaufgaben habe- I must go now because I've lots of hw'. Finish with 'schreib mir bald'- 'write to me'

-Sign off: Dein (Boy)/ Deine (Girl)

That's usually what I learn, and it's all you need really, in terms of learning off stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

Opening:
    Vielen Dank für deinen Brief, den ich gestern bekommen habe. Es ist immer gut von Dir zu hören. Wie geht's? Mir geht's gut. Jetzt zu deinen Fragen.

Closing:
    Jetzt mache ich Schluss. Ich muss für das Abitur lernen denn ohne Fleiß, kein Preis! Schreib bald. Dein(e)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grainnen

I'm sorry but would anyone be able to send me notes on the world cup? (Last minute I know!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

God germans so hard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

I am dropping down for German tomorrow, does anyone know what the ordinary german is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

I think they will definitely ask about the world cup in the letter or something on the environment have no clue about the ausserung zum thema though

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Macldublin

What are the best general topics to learn ?
    I learning environment a bit about sport for the World Cup health ..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 siobhaanx

Does anybody have a couple of sentence on the world cup they could post here? I don't have anything and I can't find anything useful on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

siobhaanx wrote: »
    Does anybody have a couple of sentence on the world cup they could post here? I don't have anything and I can't find anything useful on the internet

I'm the same, would really appreciate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Jones82 wrote: »
    I'm the same, would really appreciate it...

Same here somebody pleaseeee:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ejg96

Don't understand the single prateritum perfekt on the grammar question? Can anybody help?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Same here somebody pleaseeee:pac:

what exactly can we write about though? I mean they might ask you favourite team or something..How we celebrate it ferien is to celebrate..kneipe is the pub...eine wette is a bet i think..I mean Theres no knowing what they can ask you on it and its gonna be broad cause not everybody knows about the world cup. Best thing to do is just look up some vocab.:(

ejg96 wrote: »
    Don't understand the single prateritum perfekt on the grammar question? Can anybody help?

huh? prateritum came up? when?

• Advertisement

huh? prateritum came up? when?

Angewandte grammatik section :/ after 1st comprehension

ejg96 wrote: »
    Angewandte grammatik section :/ after 1st comprehension

Oh we call that Imperfekt :D no wonder why I was confused. its a form of past tense used for writing not oral so you see it in all your comprehensions. The perfekt is used in oral past tense but we use it in our written (dont ask me why) actually you know what tell me why we cant use imperfekt in our writting someone ty...Anyways it just another past tense and it does come up alot. Anyways look at it this way
    Perfekt-Ich Bin nach berling gefahren- I went to berlin
    Imperfekt/prateritum-Ich fuhr nach Berlin-I went to berlin
    So it causes nothing to go to the end of the sentence etc..whereas the Perfect is auxilary verb(haben/sein) + past participle to the end of the sentence.

forming imperfect
    well usually for regular/weak verbs endings are as follows
    Ich-te
    du-test
    er/sie/es-te
    wir-ten
    ihr-tet
    sie/sie-ten
    so thats for weak verbs e.g in your one your doing the example says-Ich fuhlte- how did they get that?
    well fuhlen is a weak verb and is in the "I" from therefore knock off en and add te giving fuhlte. for Number (6) its in plural cause it ends in Ten and is therefore plural Imperfect.
    for strong verbs there is however exception in which you have to learn. If you have Deutsch complete(not sure if thats the name havnt used in ages) but the last 3 pages have massive list of verbs in there perfect and imperfect in which is very handy to know. Strong verbs examples include Ging-Imperfekt of gehen or fuhr imperfekt of fahren.

I know that was a mess but Im so bad at explaining things. But anyways the main thing is it is used in story telling like your comprehensions so you need to know when to spot one. My teacher says to not use it in your writing but tbh I dont know why.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb53iLanJx4 I dunno maybe this will explain it better lol

Thank you so much that's great good on ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LeanneD0029

I hope this helps, just a couple of general stuff! ive nothing on how to celebrate!

Der Gastland fur dieses Fussball-Wettbewerb is Brasilien
    Vor vier Jahren fand sie in Sud-Afrika
    Es gibt 32 Mannschaften
    Der Weltmeisterschaft beginnt am 12. Juni bis zum 13. Juli 2014
    Es ist die 20. Fussball-Weltmesterschaft des Fifa. Insgesamt gist es 64 spiele
    Leider wird Irland nicht teilnehmen, weil sie nicht qualifizieren.
    Deutschland haben viele talentiere spieler wie Lahm, Neuer und Muller
    (they are missing some umlauts but I don't know)

If anyone knew any other upcoming topics???

• Registered Users Posts: 48 siobhaanx

I hope this helps, just a couple of general stuff! ive nothing on how to celebrate!

Der Gastland fur dieses Fussball-Wettbewerb is Brasilien
    Vor vier Jahren fand sie in Sud-Afrika
    Es gibt 32 Mannschaften
    Der Weltmeisterschaft beginnt am 12. Juni bis zum 13. Juli 2014
    Es ist die 20. Fussball-Weltmesterschaft des Fifa. Insgesamt gist es 64 spiele
    Leider wird Irland nicht teilnehmen, weil sie nicht qualifizieren.
    Deutschland haben viele talentiere spieler wie Lahm, Neuer und Muller
    (they are missing some umlauts but I don't know)

If anyone knew any other upcoming topics???

Thank you!! Everyone is just predicting health and environment really, maybe technology, drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LeanneD0029

Thank you!! Everyone is just predicting health and environment really, maybe technology, drugs

oh ok! thanks!
    another thing my teacher said was obesity so look out for that!
    id say know how we "celebrate" the world cup aswel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you go to google.de and search for fussball and then click 'News' you can get some German language articles on footie.
    https://www.google.de/?gws_rd=ssl#q=fussball&tbm=nws

Similarly any term you want, once you have it in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

There's nothing stopping you using the imperfekt in your writing but it's mainly only used in literary and journalistic pieces.

In general in Germany it's used more frequently when speaking in the north where in the south you'd hear the perfekt!

The perfekt is more standard though so I'd stick to that!

Cakes. wrote: »
    There's nothing stopping you using the imperfekt in your writing but it's mainly only used in literary and journalistic pieces.

In general in Germany it's used more frequently when speaking in the north where in the south you'd hear the perfekt!

The perfekt is more standard though so I'd stick to that!

Thanks for clearing that up was kinda fuzzy why we weren't able to use it in our writing :) Ty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kates339

So what topics is every one learning :)

Advertisement