Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Leaving certificate German 2014 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

kates339 wrote: »
    So what topics is every one learning :)

none lol im too lazy , maybe world cup in the morning but thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kates339

bb1234567 wrote: »
    none lol im too lazy , maybe world cup in the morning but thats it

Ya il prob fail :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

Fancy german with mistakes,or simple german without mistakes?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

b3rnade11e wrote: »
    Fancy german with mistakes,or simple german without mistakes?:D

Simple German with mistakes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

Simple German with mistakes:o

Yeap,that is the case anyhow :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

That was graaaaand!!

Very happy with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Comprehensions were lovely for once

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenAnn

I agree, the comprehensions were very nice! And did anyone else do the first Ausserung and notice how you could use an awful lot of material from Text 2 to help you?

I don't think I did very well on that listening though! Might have just been me though - I'm not very good at getting down all the details fast enough!

I liked all of the written paper. Even the grammar ( which i usually get like 0 on) Id say I did well in.

Listening went horribly though, worst ive ever done it was so hard.
    But i dont care IM just so happy the leavings over now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LCMATHS

Listening was hard enough, still hoping for an A1 though, went well overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Did anyone struggle to understand the guy's voice on the tape? I thought his voice was really weird and had listen really carefully to understand what he was saying. The paper was pretty nice altogether though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Yeah was a fair exam nothing too difficult. I also found the listening hard enough like listening was always my weak point but i think that went worse than usual :p

Did anyone struggle to understand the guy's voice on the tape? I thought his voice was really weird and had listen really carefully to understand what he was saying. The paper was pretty nice altogether though

I found part 2 and part 4 hard on the listening, i've seen German news many times before as well, they don't speak that fast in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarbear18

LOVED that paper.. had absolutely no study for it really but the comprehensions were beautiful. The brief and ausserung were fabulous also... #lovingDeutsch

LCMATHS wrote: »
    I found part 2 and part 4 hard on the listening, i've seen German news many times before as well, they don't speak that fast in real life.

Or have weird af voices that guys voice was so strange it was like he was talking into a hollow tube i dont even know just weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Or have weird af voices that guys voice was so strange it was like he was talking into a hollow tube i dont even know just weird

Yeah there was something odd about it alright. My superintendent said it was the same in the French exam, there was an odd voice and some students said it was hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭VenomousFish

sarbear18 wrote: »
    LOVED that paper.. had absolutely no study for it really but the comprehensions were beautiful. The brief and ausserung were fabulous also... #lovingDeutsch

yurt, same here. kicking myself over one of my answers in the comprehension though. i was certain that the couple threw THE LOCK into river

yurt, same here. kicking myself over one of my answers in the comprehension though. i was certain that the couple threw THE LOCK into river

I said they threw it in too :/ what was the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Key

they put the lock (schloss) on the fence and threw the key (schlüssel) into the river.

• Advertisement

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Key

Ahhh right, its not that big an error really...well get most the marks..hopefully idk

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

What came up on the grammar section?

What came up on the grammar section?

the imperfekt, and the labelling thing where it says say if its nom/akk/gen, sing/plural etc

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

Thanks - hope all went well for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davosmanias

Did anyone else find Part 4 of the listening hilarious? Talking about the penguins like. I've never heard penguin in German so I had a massive grin on my face when she started talking penguins wearing pullovers.

Did anyone else find Part 4 of the listening hilarious? Talking about the penguins like. I've never heard penguin in German so I had a massive grin on my face when she started talking penguins wearing pullovers.

PENG WEEN

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedumbone

PENG WEEN

haha i couldnt stand it when i heard that

overall papers were very nice but listening went horrible ;((((

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

Listening was hard, especially when you had to take the note down, couldn't get the expressions that showed urgency...
    Lol'd at your man who was getting given out to for looking at funny memes on his phone, German department knows us too well :D
    Did the letter and found it lovely, used loads of stuff from my oral, nice paper overall

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

listening was pretty disastrous and found the letter pretty strange aswell but atleast the aussrung zum thema was nice and the grammar was grand

• Advertisement

Was I losing my mind or were they actually talking about putting jumpers on penguins???

Advertisement