Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Leaving certificate German 2014 **

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

LCMATHS wrote: »
    Was I losing my mind or were they actually talking about putting jumpers on penguins???

It was a campaign by people wearing jumpers which helped fund a campaign to save penguins from oil disasters. That's what I thought it was anyway, I highly doubt the penguins would approve of jumpers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

It was a campaign by people wearing jumpers which helped fund a campaign to save penguins from oil disasters. That's what I thought it was anyway, I highly doubt the penguins would approve of jumpers :D

Nope, it was a campaign to knit thousands of jumpers for penguins off an island in Australia. the pernguins could wear the jumpers therefore the oil would not get on their feathers but on the jumper..I double checked with my friend who is German who did it too..Mad stuff, I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Was it just me that said the lad had a coffee mug smashed over his head by the interviewer?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Was it just me that said the lad had a coffee mug smashed over his head by the interviewer?:o

I didn't read that anywhere in the text :P

Paper was so easy overall . Can't believe they were so easy on the grammar ! Had so many other things learned off . Sigh .

Did the guy on the listening have a strange voice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ejg96

I seen that too haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 LCMATHS

No he said that the interviewer was jealous, then he just got up to leave and the interviewer didn't stop him, there was no assault :P he smashed the cup on the table though if i remember correctly, as in he placed it on the table in an aggressive manner no actually smashed it into pieces if you get what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Did anyone else do the picture instead of the letter?Thought it was easy enough,but I couldn't remember what Ruhestörung meant for a while.

Pretty good paper overall,if my oral went as well as I think it did that could be an A1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 JackH14

In regards to the coffee cup, he just took a sip from it and shook his head. He didn't smash it over Paul's head or smash it on the table.

For the grammar I got,

1) Singular, feminin, Akkusativ
    2) Plural, feminin, Akkusative
    3) Singular, feminin, Nominativ
    4) Singular, masculin, Genetiv
    3) Singular, neutrum, Dativ

1) hatte
    2) unterbrach
    3) stellte . . . hin.
    4) wollte
    5) gab

cameroon15 wrote: »
    Anyone willing to post the answers to the grammar section ?

I'll give you my answers, not sure they're right though, can other people confirm/correct?

1. singular, feminin, Akkusativ

2. plural, Akkusativ

3. singular, feminin, Nominativ

4. singular, maskulin, genetiv

5. singular, maskulin, dative

(1) Er hatte kein Interesse an Pauls Bewerbung.

(2) Er unterbrach ihn ständig.

(3) Herr Hönekop stellte Paul eine Tasse Kaffee hin.

(4) Er woll ihm keine Lehrstelle geben.

(5) Aber er gab ihm hilfreiche Ratschläge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What about question 4 in the second leserverstandnis? How did ye match them up?

• Advertisement

FatRat wrote: »
    What about question 4 in the second leserverstandnis? How did ye match them up?

Looking at the answers, I reckon JackH14 is right on them all, just to clear that up, question 4 is as follows

1. - e

2. - f

3. - a

4. - c

5. - b

6. - d

I'm pretty confident in those answers, but I can't say they're correct with 100% certainty so please correct me if i'm wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 JackH14

LCMaths, I think your answers are right.

JackH14 wrote: »
    LCMaths, I think your answers are right.

well either way 18 of the 20 match up, which means we should be headed towards an A1 on one of the harder sections of the paper, so it's all good :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5 Avidlerna

I'll give you my answers, not sure they're right though, can other people confirm/correct?

1. singular, feminin, Akkusativ

2. plural, Akkusativ

3. singular, feminin, Nominativ

4. singular, maskulin, genetiv

5. singular, maskulin, dative

(1) Er hatte kein Interesse an Pauls Bewerbung.

(2) Er unterbrach ihn ständig.

(3) Herr Hönekop stellte Paul eine Tasse Kaffee hin.

(4) Er woll ihm keine Lehrstelle geben.

(5) Aber er gab ihm hilfreiche Ratschläge.

5. Should be Neutrum, it's das Studium not der Studium
    (4) is wollte not woll

but the rest is the exact same as me so hopefully the A is in store!

JackH14 wrote: »
    In regards to the coffee cup, he just took a sip from it and shook his head. He didn't smash it over Paul's head or smash it on the table.

For the grammar I got,

1) Singular, feminin, Akkusativ
    2) Plural, feminin, Akkusative
    3) Singular, feminin, Nominativ
    4) Singular, masculin, Genetiv
    3) Singular, neutrum, Dativ

1) hatte
    2) unterbrach
    3) stellte . . . hin.
    4) wollte
    5) gab

How can you have plural and gender ?

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    How can you have plural and gender ?

You can't, but if you wrote down a gender they'll just ignore it, you'll get full marks either way :)

You can't, but if you wrote down a gender they'll just ignore it, you'll get full marks either way :)

I know . Just saying that his answer couldn't be right . Hopefully get full marks in grammar . So easy this year .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarbear18

yurt, same here. kicking myself over one of my answers in the comprehension though. i was certain that the couple threw THE LOCK into river

what did they throw into the river instead?! era its only cupla marcanna :)

sarbear18 wrote: »
    what did they throw into the river instead?! era its only cupla marcanna :)

Hey . You put the lock into the fence on the bridge . You through the keys into the river .

Usually in the marking schemes when two words are similar they have in bold to give 0 for the wrong meaning . .i.e If you said they threw the lock into the river it will be zero marks . If you look through the marking schemes they do this a lot .
    I.e if the text said see and you translated it as sea instead of lake , they say to give 0 marks. This will more than likely be the case with key and padlock seeing as how their german worlds look similar .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sarbear18

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Hey . You put the lock into the fence on the bridge . You through the keys into the river .

Usually in the marking schemes when two words are similar they have in bold to give 0 for the wrong meaning . .i.e If you said they threw the lock into the river it will be zero marks . If you look through the marking schemes they do this a lot .
    I.e if the text said see and you translated it as sea instead of lake , they say to give 0 marks. This will more than likely be the case with key and padlock seeing as how their german worlds look similar .

Just wondering thanks :) I only put down that they put the padlock on the bridge though.. i never said anything about the river because i wasnt sure but a few of the girls said they did that :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

do you think it would be possible to get an a2 maybe even if my listening didn't go that well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

neonmaria wrote: »
    do you think it would be possible to get an a2 maybe even if my listening didn't go that well?

Ah yeh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

The main concern for german is oral isn't that 25 percent?

Adam4850 wrote: »
    The main concern for german is oral isn't that 25 percent?

ya it is but its hard to say how I did on that because our examiner was in a bad mood the day of the oral and asked everybody really awkward questions

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Yeah same with myself. My examiner started asking me unusual questions so I ended up dropping down to Ordinary German for the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

neonmaria wrote: »

Yeah definitely. I got an A2 in the mocks and I only got 60/80 in the tape.

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Yeah definitely. I got an A2 in the mocks and I only got 60/80 in the tape.

well I got a b1 in my mock the listening brought me down in that aswell I can usually do well in listening its just I found this years very random and unclear in some parts

Advertisement