Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeper road/brickfield park

Options
  • 07-06-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi
    We're about to move to a house on keeper road, I am pretty happy with the area and all, but occasionally hearing the usual 'its dangerous, dodgy'.. etc. making me doubt the decision to move there.
    Is it really that bad? Don't know the actual street, only lived on galtymore before..
    And currently living just off Mountjoy square park (having no issues with).
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

House on it shot up not so long ago,avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

Thanks for opinion, but you are judging whole d12 based on this, I looked I up and it happened on the other side which used to be the 'posh'part of d12..
    One of recent carjacking happened in ballsbridge, not saying it's the same thing, but..things like that could happen anywhere?
    I was more interested whether the area is similar to other parts of the city. As I mentioned we live off Mountjoy and before lived at five lamps, which some would considered no go areas..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

zega wrote: »

Yes, it's well known that almost every person living in or around this area is involved in a whole plethora of unsavoury and illegal activities. Generally it's ingrained into 'them' before birth. A kind of pre-natal conditioning that's very hard to reverse. It's not unusual and tends to affect people from all walks of life, irrespective of social background, class, gender, etc. But for some this pre-natal conditioning works in the opposite way. They develop tendencies towards activities that are positive and in no way unsavoury, particularly to house buyers. Examples of this can be found in places like Terenure, Raheny, Clonsilla, Cherryfield, etc. Do not avoid these areas. Unless you cant 'afford' to ingratiate yourself to them and in that instance... well, Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Chah

zega wrote: »

Yeah cos were always getting shot at. I live on galty. No problem living on keeper rd

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭olly_mac

I lived near Brickfields for a few years. Like everywhere, it has it's upsides and the downsides. I had great neighbours, and there was a sense of community. On the obverse side though, the actual "Park" was a magnet for anti social elements, especially at weekends, and more-so on bank/public holidays. Teenagers from all over would congregate, drink, set fires etc. There could be the odd incident on the road too when they were entering or leaving the park.

The worst thing to happen to us sharing the house though was having a few wheelie bins stolen; the main source of fuel for the "party fires" in the park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Keeper road is fine. The park does attract some anti social behaviour and if that was a big concern for you the lower end of Keeper (towards Loteto College) would be best as it's away from the park.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Keeper road is fine. The park does attract some anti social behaviour and if that was a big concern for you the lower end of Keeper (towards Loteto College) would be best as it's away from the park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement