Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****LEAVING CERT BUSINESS BEFORE AND AFTER****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Feckin break even charts.. Does anybody else not think they're way too complicated with all the different calculations and places to plot the lines? Apparently they're easy marks but they break my brain every time I attempt one

Nah luckily I do accounting, break even comes up in a question in that too, where the break even is actually only one part out of 5 or 6 of the question. So I'm hoping break even comes up, love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

What topics should I focus on because I need to cram , I'm looking for a c3 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Ciaratabb1 wrote: »
    What topics should I focus on because I need to cram , I'm looking for a c3 ?

ABQ territory, so units 1, 2 and 3. Out of those I'd prioritise 2 and 3 as there more intuitive and less factual.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ladderlad

Im gonna have to do a **** load of cramming after french tommorow ha

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Indalo6

My teacher is heavily tipping a report to come up, possibly in the ABQ.

Also, does anyone have any tips on what to write for a communications question, I never know how to answer them!

• Advertisement

Indalo6 wrote: »
    My teacher is heavily tipping a report to come up, possibly in the ABQ.

Also, does anyone have any tips on what to write for a communications question, I never know how to answer them!

Not sure if they'd put a report on the ABQ, it'd probably be very badly answered as many people wouldn't have a clue how to do it.

As to your question about communication, what kind of questions do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

We're certainly lucky with the ABQ this year,there's almost definitely going to be a question about skills/characteristics which is just learning a few words and finding a sentence a skill/characteristic fits.There's also likely to be one on one of the acts which is easy enough,if you don't even know what the acts are at this stage you're pretty screwed anyway.

I'd be very surprised if a report came up in the ABQ,it would be very difficult for them to mark one in the context of an ABQ.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    We're certainly lucky with the ABQ this year,there's almost definitely going to be a question about skills/characteristics which is just learning a few words and finding a sentence a skill/characteristic fits.There's also likely to be one on one of the acts which is easy enough,if you don't even know what the acts are at this stage you're pretty screwed anyway.

I'd be very surprised if a report came up in the ABQ,it would be very difficult for them to mark one in the context of an ABQ.

Precisely. A letter came up in our mock. It was a bitch :pac: Cost me the A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciaratabb1

What acts do ye think will come up? The amount of study I have to do tommorow 🙈 allergic!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Learn units 1/2/3, seriously it will be worth it. Then do a few breakeven charts (possibly familiar yourself with ratios just in case) and understand what they mean. Go over usual questions such as the EUs impact on Ireland, international trade in ireland, types of management etc. Run through the past few years short questions.. and good luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

This and art history are my last exams! Very excited to finish yet nervous. Have a lot of revision to do tomorrow (or today since it's past midnight :pac:)

I feel dumb saying this, but what units are the break-even charts from? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Shane15 wrote: »
    I feel dumb saying this, but what units are the break-even charts from? LOL.

Don't be I had to check the book to tell you :L Unit 5 chapter 16 (marketing)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Guys whats yer timing for the exam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Guys whats yer timing for the exam?

32 for SQ, 32 for ABQ, 24 for each long q, leaves 20 minutes over :P that's what my teacher recommends but I'm going to extend the ABQ to 40 minutes and each long q to *gasp* 25 minutes :pac:

Absolutely hoping to god that Q1 is nice and normal, Q3 involves the EU and decision making and international trade, Q5 is made up almost entirely of a Break Even or Ratios q (no cash flow plz.) and then a nice q on management to top it off :pac:

How does everyone here study?? I'm sitting here surrounded by notes and sample answers and mind maps and whatnot and I don't know where to start.. I might just have a read through the book :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Feckin break even charts.. Does anybody else not think they're way too complicated with all the different calculations and places to plot the lines? Apparently they're easy marks but they break my brain every time I attempt one

Really the only points you need to work out is the break even point, total revenue and total costs, then just join the TR point to the origin and the TC to the fixed cost line :pac:
    3 calculations and you're done :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

I haven't even opened the book yet.. Lord help me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭caolan1996

is anyone going to attempt q2 on unit 6 i think it looks quit simple ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

aleatorio wrote: »
    32 for SQ, 32 for ABQ, 24 for each long q, leaves 20 minutes over :P that's what my teacher recommends but I'm going to extend the ABQ to 40 minutes and each long q to *gasp* 25 minutes :pac:

Absolutely hoping to god that Q1 is nice and normal, Q3 involves the EU and decision making and international trade, Q5 is made up almost entirely of a Break Even or Ratios q (no cash flow plz.) and then a nice q on management to top it off :pac:

How does everyone here study?? I'm sitting here surrounded by notes and sample answers and mind maps and whatnot and I don't know where to start.. I might just have a read through the book :pac:

Those would be lovely questions! Are you going to look at unit 6. I wont get a chance so ill have to leave it.
    Hope no more than 2 short questions on unit 6 are there !! :o

caolan1996 wrote: »

I am. Unit 6 is my best unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

What would you focus on tonight if you're aiming for an A? I got a B2 in the mocks with little study and wanna bring it up but unsure what to focus on!

caolan1996 wrote: »

Ill be doing q2, 3, 6, 7 :)

Wait, can someone tell me which units are in each question for the long Qs? I haven't really done much with the exam papers, I pretty much just focused on the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Wait, can someone tell me which units are in each question for the long Qs? I haven't really done much with the exam papers, I pretty much just focused on the book.

Question 1 - Unit 1
    Question 2 - Unit 6
    Question 3 - Unit 7
    Question 4 - Unit 2,3
    Question 5 - Unit 4
    Question 6 - Unit 4,5
    Question 7 - Unit 5

LoveLamps wrote: »
    What would you focus on tonight if you're aiming for an A? I got a B2 in the mocks with little study and wanna bring it up but unsure what to focus on!

Focus on Units 1, 2, 3. These will cover your ABQ and one if not two long Qs. I also think unit 7 is a good choice. Is a nice area with only three chapters and guaranteed Q3 every year. My sister is a bus teacher and said many people dont even do this Q so its marked the easiest.

brijay wrote: »
    Question 1 - Unit 1
    Question 2 - Unit 6
    Question 3 - Unit 7
    Question 4 - Unit 2,3
    Question 5 - Unit 4
    Question 6 - Unit 4,5
    Question 7 - Unit 5

Thanks, is this set in stone or can they mess it up sometimes? E.g. Question 7 is actually on unit 4, etc.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Thanks, is this set in stone or can they mess it up sometimes? E.g. Question 7 is actually on unit 4, etc.?

Pretty sure this is how it is every year!

Ill be doing q2, 3, 6, 7 :)

ya i feel i am better at unit 6 and 7 i dont like unit 1 at all hate the laws. with question 6 is it a bit of unit 4 and 5 put together

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ave123

is everyone going revising unit 7?...EU institutions and all that?....i hope its not a part of the paper cuz it really confuses me and its explained really badly in the book..

• Advertisement

ave123 wrote: »
    is everyone going revising unit 7?...EU institutions and all that?....i hope its not a part of the paper cuz it really confuses me and its explained really badly in the book..

ya i am hoping to do q2 q3 and q4 and q5

i am going to attempt an ABQ not looking forward to it at all hate them

Advertisement