Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 5C unlock problem

• 08-06-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

I recently submitted to have my 5C unlocked . The unlocking company sent the email to confirm the unlock, follow the instructions and the phone will be unlocked. It didn't unlock, the company had no answers and promptly refunded.

Today the sync failed and a message came up to say the phone details could not be found on the server???

Is there any way I can check what may be the problem?? I did a checkmend because I'm not the original owner and everything came back positive,

All suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unlocking company? You mean one of these dodgy characters giving backhanders to someone working at the network? I really wouldn’t advise getting your phone unlocked this way.

What’s the exact error message and when do you get it? What are you syncing with? iTunes, iCloud? Is the phone still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 davecp2008

I used an ebay unlocker to unlock the phone, he has almost 500 transactions with 100% feedback score, is that considered dodgy? the sync to itunes and backup worked perfectly this morning, so happy days. The phone works perfectly in every way, Im only now wondering if the ebay unlocker did it wrong and should I just try a different unlocker?? any recommendations??? An unlock request to o2 is no longer an option as I recently changed over to Vodafone.

Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

getting your iPhone unlocked by anyone other than a customer rep at the carrier or apple (not even sure they can do it tbh) is dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

O2 will still unlock it.

guil wrote: »
    O2 will still unlock it.

I'm no longer a customer of o2 so why would they unlock for me unless they want a large amount of cash for the privilege, thanks

• Advertisement

They don't charge to do it. Bill pay customers can get it done straight away and payg after spending €150 on topups.

guil wrote: »
    They don't charge to do it. Bill pay customers can get it done straight away and payg after spending €150 on topups.

Liked I said previously I'm no longer with o2, thanks for your input though.

davecp2008 wrote: »
    Liked I said previously I'm no longer with o2, thanks for your input though.

You don't have to be a current customer. If you were a past one and meet the criteria, they will unlock it.

Advertisement