Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Image Error

• 08-06-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I really hope someone can help!

I keep getting bad image errors on my windows 7 and I have no idea why, I don't seem to have a virus on my computer as I have had a virus protector on it since I bought it. The errors don't come up for every programme I run just around 3 errors on start up and then the odd few programmes installed on my laptop. It is driving me insane though!! Does anyone have any idea how to sort it out please?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

1. Back up important data you've created yourself. To another disk or online.
    2. Scan the disk for errors, including full surface scan. Probably requires reboot.
    3. Check system event log for errors reported in 2.
    4. Check SMART data from hard disk. PassMark DiskCheckup is a free for personal use example
    5. Run sfc /scannow in a command prompt window
    6. Is your AV software up to date? Plenty of good free ones. Many laptops came with trial versions of paidfor ones, that didn't update after a few months()
    thus useless

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rachels24

Thank you but how do you do number 2?
    I downloaded PassMark DiskCheckup but I'm unsure what to do with it?
    I have done step 5 numerous times but its not working.
    Yeah my AV software is up to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you post exactly what the error says ? I take it the computer boots eventually to a normal Windows Desktop ? It might be something in your Startup that's causing them.

Ken

Yeah its on windows desktop when the errors occur. Like they come up when I have just logged in and the desktop is loading up. About 3 different errors come up and then when I try to run some programs they come up again and they will not run.
    For example when I click into my "HP Support Assistant" (a program that came already installed on the laptop when I bought it) an error boxes comes up.
    It is titled "HPSF.exe - Bad Image"
    Then underneath is an image of an X and it says "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

So does the computer boot up normally before these errors occur ?
    After the computer has booted what Programs cause errors to appear ?
    Have you used any cleanup programs recently ? Programs that clean up the Registry or clear caches or old programs ?

Ken

• Advertisement

Yeah the computer boots up fine.
    I'm not sure exactly what the errors are but on start up the titles are
    "IASorIcon.exe - Bad Image"
    "HPWA_Main.exe - Bad Image"
    "HPConnectionManager.exe - Bad Image"

They are the three that always come up when the desktop is loading.
    The only other errors I have noticed is the one I have posted above and another one when my daughter wants to play the sims that displays error messages too. We don't really use the laptop for anything else so all other programs that we use are working fine such as google chrome, looking at files, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

rachels24 wrote: »
    Thank you but how do you do number 2?
    I downloaded PassMark DiskCheckup but I'm unsure what to do with it?
    I have done step 5 numerous times but its not working.
    Yeah my AV software is up to date.

number 2
    Right-click drive icon in (My) Computer window, select properties. Tools tab,Check Now button, select checkbox for "Scan now and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

PassMark DiskCheckup
    select drive then choose "SMART info" tab, look at the Status column

Did you get any errors when you did number 5 above ?

sfc /scannow

Ken

Advertisement