Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Il vicolllo

Options
  • 08-06-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How is il vicolllo able to open again after going into liquidation? How have they the money to renovate the bridge mills? The revenue and employees from last business left looking for money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Phoenix company - quite common

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have a source for the liquidation? I don't see anything about it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Heatmachine1

If you change the company to a different business within a certain time period your not liable to pay tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Winner21 wrote: »
    How is il vicolllo able to open again after going into liquidation? How have they the money to renovate the bridge mills? The revenue and employees from last business left looking for money

Why dont you go in and ask them, im sure theyd know quicker than the average Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I don't think they went into liquidation, just closed the business (fairly common with low margin businesses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Winner21

antoobrien wrote: »
    I don't think they went into liquidation, just closed the business (fairly common with low margin businesses).

They did the company was belgusto ltd t/a il vicolo. Now open again with a clear slate! Great country. Public doesn't seem to care which is strange because they owe the public the vat etc they collected which they didn't pay over. No doubt that money was used to open again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Public doesn't seem to care which is strange because they owe the public the vat etc they collected which they didn't pay over.

That's a fairly serious allegation, you'd want to have some sources for making statements like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

I'd imagine that whatever company has reopened has different owners/directors and as such is not responsible for the debts of belgusto ltd.

Is the new company trading as il vicolo also?? probably not allowable I'd say.

If you have proof of fraud then I suggest you report the matter to the gardai, Revenue and the Office of the director of Corporate Enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

If you change the company to a different business within a certain time period your not liable to pay tax.

What ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They did the company was belgusto ltd t/a il vicolo. Now open again with a clear slate! Great country. Public doesn't seem to care which is strange because they owe the public the vat etc they collected which they didn't pay over. No doubt that money was used to open again

Nice spotting:
    http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Belgusto-Limited-502689

Is there any public record of creditor's meetings, and who attends?

Something to think about though: a trading name like "Whatever" - and the associated Facebook page, website, domain regiistration, goodwill etc .... is one of the assets that the company has. It's quite possible, desirable even, that this asset is sold for "market value".

So I wouldn't assume it's anything dodgy without some more evidence.

(I'm not saying there's no evidence ... just that things aren't always as they seem.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Un-sourced allegations closed this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement