Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York holiday

Options
  • 08-06-2014 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice, were going to go to New York in the start of September for 10 days, can anyone recommended the best place to stay which would be central to most things, also how much should we expect to pay for a hotel and flights? And how much spending money should we have? Gonna do all the sightseeing, Empire State Building, broadway show, etc, also should we book them first? Is 10 days too much in New York? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice, were going to go to New York in the start of September for 10 days, can anyone recommended the best place to stay which would be central to most things, also how much should we expect to pay for a hotel and flights? And how much spending money should we have? Gonna do all the sightseeing, Empire State Building, broadway show, etc, also should we book them first? Is 10 days too much in New York? Thanks in advance!
    I stayed in the Pennsylvania hotel on the recigmendation of friends and it was fantastic. Huge hotel! Lovely but basic rooms and was cheap! It's across the road too Madison square garden, next door too maceys, on the same block as the Empire State Building and a 5 min walk too 5th avenue or Times Square!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭winterwonder

That's great, i was actually looking at that hotel so it's great to hear some personal feedback, any recommendations on things we should definitely try and do?

Ps for shopping make sure you take at least one trip out too Jersey (bus runs regularly ) too go too Jersey Gardens it's tax free shopping and much cheaper then NYC just ensure that ye have yer passports too show at reciption ye are tourists for the discount books

That's great, i was actually looking at that hotel so it's great to hear some personal feedback, any recommendations on things we should definitely try and do?

Jersey gardens, Empire State Building, check the msg gig guide see whats on while your there and book tickets(we seen the foo fighters and the NY nicks by chance ) go too ground zero it's mad! Also get the statan island ferry over and back from the island it pass's right past the Statue of Liberty for pics and things! If it's a couple going do the carrig ride around Central Park, go too the sex and city tour and carries stoop, there's the sopranos tour also, NYC is huge with lots too do and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭winterwonder

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jersey gardens, Empire State Building, check the msg gig guide see whats on while your there and book tickets(we seen the foo fighters and the NY nicks by chance ) go too ground zero it's mad! Also get the statan island ferry over and back from the island it pass's right past the Statue of Liberty for pics and things! If it's a couple going do the carrig ride around Central Park, go too the sex and city tour and carries stoop, there's the sopranos tour also, NYC is huge with lots too do and see!

It's myself and my husband, great ideas, he's a big sopranos fan so that tour would be great! Great advice! Thank you!

• Advertisement

There's also the csi expierence, madam tassuads, NBC tv centre tour, etc NYC has loads too see and do. As for spending you'll spend what you bring. Me and my Miss's changed €4000 euro too dollars and didn't have a cent coming home after 5 days. In saying that I didn't buy clothes in Ireland for 18 months after as we travelled with just the clothes on our backs and bought everything new out there.

Advertisement