Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student email login

• 08-06-2014 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I am a part time student who has not logged into their email in a while and it won't work for me. I may have the wrong password (but I as sure it was correct) but I just wanted to check I am doing it correctly! I am using this link and entering my student number as the username. The domain\ bit is confusing me - so I need to enter anything else?

Also I can log into the student admin portal fine - my email is a different password right? (Why can't they be the same :()
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

I go to this link : https://www.outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie

and just type in my student number (not the full email address) and password and that works. I don't do any /domain thing or anything!

My student portal password is the same as my email one. Pretty sure all are as they're attached to your student number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Try putting ul\ before your ID as your username.

So it'd be something like "ul\1234567".

Try both your portal and email passwords. Mine's the same on both like VanishingActs.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're on campus, use Internet Explorer, not Chrome. Apparently this is a common problem with people's laptops, and has nothing to do with ITD ineptitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, and if you're on campus, use Internet Explorer, not Chrome. Apparently this is a common problem with people's laptops, and has nothing to do with ITD ineptitude.

Chrome doesn't work for me at home, so I have to use IE. At work (coop), IE doesn't work and I have to use Chrome.

Advertisement