Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    These are now reduced to £0.89p in the UK so should be the same here soon. In Switzerland Lidl sell a Martello Brand compatible and in Italy they don't bother even trying to sell pods.

What are reduced to £0.89p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gerrykiddy

The title of this thread is "Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99" but of course some people like to take it off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sorry misread your post as should be here soon, instead of should be same here soon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

Has anybody tried these pods with the nespresso inissia? Presume they work on all nespresso models...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There was a problem with these getting stuck in some Nespresso machines, so just be wary

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭north south east west

mrcheez wrote: »
    There was a problem with these getting stuck in some Nespresso machines, so just be wary

Yeah have heard about that. Dont have a Nespresso machine yet. Am trying to decide whether to get the nespresso inissia and use lidl pods or get the de longhi motiva.

The Lidl pods really aren't great though (imho). Maybe see if you can try one out on a friend's* machine before going down that route.

*may not be a friend after you break the thing with the Lidl pods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Lidl pods really aren't great though (imho). Maybe see if you can try one out on a friend's* machine before going down that route.

*may not be a friend after you break the thing with the Lidl pods

Been using the Lidl pods for two months with the Inissia never had a problem with them.

We've got one of the ones on the left

Nespresso-Machines.jpg

maybe it depends on the Nespresso model ... some of the Lidl ones went in fine, then one got seriously jammed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

After trying all the various compatible pods from Lidl, Bewleys & Carte Noir I've decided to stick with the Nespresso capsules. The quality of the Lidl pods is nowhere near the Nespresso and the Bewleys & Carte Noir or more or less the same price as Nespresso.

Factor in that they may potentially damage a €200 Nespresso machine and they are not worth it IMO. The only thing in their favour is the convenience of being able to pick them up whilst doing grocery shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

nc6000 wrote: »
    After trying all the various compatible pods from Lidl, Bewleys & Carte Noir I've decided to stick with the Nespresso capsules. The quality of the Lidl pods is nowhere near the Nespresso and the Bewleys & Carte Noir or more or less the same price as Nespresso.

Factor in that they may potentially damage a €200 Nespresso machine and they are not worth it IMO. The only thing in their favour is the convenience of being able to pick them up whilst doing grocery shopping.

I agree! Wasn't a bit happy with the lidl ones. Also had to use two pods per cup of coffee to get any flavour which brings cost up to same as nespresso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

nc6000 wrote: »

Total agree with you. To me you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Yeah the Lidl capsules are a waste of time.

Anyone tried the Robert Roberts capsules in Dunnes? They're not cheap but they're bloody good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah the Lidl capsules are a waste of time.

Anyone tried the Robert Roberts capsules in Dunnes? They're not cheap but they're bloody good!

Yep...I've switched to these myself. Prefer them to most proper nespresso flavours and can pick them up regularly and easily as I shop in Dunnes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Ludo wrote: »
    Yep...I've switched to these myself. Prefer them to most proper nespresso flavours and can pick them up regularly and easily as I shop in Dunnes anyway.

and 20% back in clubcard points this week, a good time to stock up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I've had to replace my nespresso machine this week. Blaming the lidl pods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

eoz wrote: »

What were the symptoms dr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Lidl has the capsules 3x2 on the Espresso Classico only, also down to €1.79, that was in Whitestown Way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

nava wrote: »
    Lidl has the capsules 3x2 on the Espresso Classico only, also down to €1.79, that was in Whitestown Way

I like the lungo ones best.....I use them to make espressos. But the classico are OK too. Never had any issue with these pods in my Nespresso Pixie. And as Whitestown is my local, I'm on my way! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

eoz wrote: »

I have the Bewleys pods. I find I have to push the lever down more forcefully than with the Nespresso pods. Should I be concerned?? I dont want to break my machine !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Are the Robert Robert ones that you mention nespresso pods?? Interesting.....gave up on the Lidl pods as just don't have the same quality in my opinion as the original Nespresso ones.
    I'd prefer to have less cups of great coffee than more of mediocre. Just really wish it was easier to get the nespresso pods, I know you can buy them online but would be so handy to be able to get them in every/most shop that sells the machines.

I rather like the Lidl Azuro ones - they're lungo, but I make them as espresso. That said, I re-tried the Classico lately and think they are fine - they are not €1.79 per pack AND 3 packs for the price of 2. Maybe I am just not fussy about my coffee, but I do drink a lot, so the price is an issue for me. Plus I find the process of buying the nespresso pods a complete pain in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

bewleys pods on offer in Dunnes for €3

bewleys pods on offer in Dunnes for €3

Good price. Are they any good, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

vienne86 wrote: »
    Good price. Are they any good, anyone?

Yes they're pretty good. Did you buy them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Seen new ones in tesco called cafe pod. No idea it there any good but they where €3 for 10.

2 different kinds a 5 and 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

supervalu lauching their own brand of these early december. no word on price yet

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mr.oiseau

supervalu lauching their own brand of these early december. no word on price yet

e1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

€1.99 for 10 according to the supervalu instore magazine. 3 varieties, lungo ristretto and espresso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anyone seen the Carte Noire pods in Ireland yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

loyatemu wrote: »
    anyone seen the Carte Noire pods in Ireland yet?

Tesco had them- and had them on special- in July/Aug. When the stocks on the shelf were gone- I don't think they replaced them. I saw them in Maynooth- presumably, they were/are in other branches.

I wasn't too impressed by their premium range ground coffee. Granules were too large, but interested to see what these are like.

I know some people think these are rubbish, but some people, like me, find them OK. Anyway they are 3 for 2 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Tesco or Supervalu ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Tesco or Supervalu ??

Thread title................. Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

vienne86 wrote: »
    I know some people think these are rubbish, but some people, like me, find them OK. Anyway they are 3 for 2 at the moment.

Is it the lidl ones are 3 for 2? I find them ok too tis like anything I can't abide Illy tastes like cigarette ash to me while my friend won't drink anything else.

mikom wrote: »
    Thread title................. Nespresso compatible pods Lidl €1.99

Thread content .. tesco, supervalu, robert roberts, dunnes etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

At least the Lidl ones work. The Supervalu ones are terrible. Don't work in my Citz machine half the time. I bought 3 boxes and most of them ended up in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm sure it's been mentioned but be careful with the compatible pods. The compatible ones from Lidl broke our Citiz machine. Worked perfectly fine up until a Lidl pod was used.

Great price for the pods but we've to buy a new machine now. bargain! :(

I'm sure it's been mentioned but be careful with the compatible pods. The compatible ones from Lidl broke our Citiz machine. Worked perfectly fine up until a Lidl pod was used.

Great price for the pods but we've to buy a new machine now. bargain! :(

You can blame Nestlé they deliberately changed the design slightly after they lost the patent case to scupper the compatibles it was one of the key reasons they lost the latest court battle, now they have to inform the compatible makers at least 3 months in advance of any changes. What part is broken?

• Advertisement

I blame Lidl. The machine is a 2009 model before the compatible pods were even introduced. No design changes would have made a difference to my machine.
    The machine worked flawlessly up until a compatible pod was used.

moodrater wrote: »
    Is it the lidl ones are 3 for 2? I find them ok too tis like anything I can't abide Illy tastes like cigarette ash to me while my friend won't drink anything else.
    Yep it's Lidl - picked them up this afternoon. Says you can mix and match the three types.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mackcracknsack

There is no comparison with the real deal Nespresso pods versus the Lidl pods in my opinion. The Lidl pods just taste awful.
    Bought a box from Lidl. Used one Pod and the rest went in the bin. Never again!!!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I blame Lidl. The machine is a 2009 model before the compatible pods were even introduced. No design changes would have made a difference to my machine.
    The machine worked flawlessly up until a compatible pod was used.

You know it could be pure coincidence.

I wouldn't expect a coffee machine like Nespresso * to last more then 5 or 6 years daily use!

* Nespresso machines are very plasticky and cheap looking. They are your basic almost disposable mass consumer device. Obviously I'd expect a super expensive Gaggio or DeLonghi to last much longer. 5 years for an Nespresso machine is very good going.
    There is no comparison with the real deal Nespresso pods versus the Lidl pods in my opinion. The Lidl pods just taste awful.
    Bought a box from Lidl. Used one Pod and the rest went in the bin. Never again!!!!

And I think they taste great, I love the Ristretto ones. I actually did a blind taste test with the assistance of my lovely girlfriend and found I preferred the Lidl ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

bk wrote: »

I wouldn't expect a coffee machine like Nespresso * to last more then 5 or 6 years daily use!

* Nespresso machines are very plasticky and cheap looking. They are your basic almost disposable mass consumer device. Obviously I'd expect a super expensive Gaggio or DeLonghi to last much longer. 5 years for an Nespresso machine is very good going.

And I think they taste great, I love the Ristretto ones. I actually did a blind taste test with the assistance of my lovely girlfriend and found I preferred the Lidl ones!

Have a Citiz for around 8 years not a problem with it ever. Until I tried the Lidl capsules. They taste awful but I'm glad you have a lovely girlfriend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

That's a bit sweeping - "Nespresso" don't make machines, various companies do, a KitchenAid Nespresso machine for example is anything but cheap and plasticky.

Having said that, and having owned two Gaggias and a Jura (the latter being the first device to actively try to kill me in the kitchen, despite me shelling out around €1k for it), machines will break, even expensive ones. How a simple pod breaks one though I can't quite imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Saying you hate all the Lidi pods and they are all terrible after tasting just one isn't really fair when they have three different types.

I'm glad more types are becoming available as it's not easy for me to get the Nespresso ones delivered due to where I live an work. Along with the Lidi ones our local Tesco now has Bewleys pods and Cafe Pods. Choice is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ah, DeLonghi make a Nespresso machine.
    http://www.delonghi.com/en-int/products/coffee/coffee-makers/nespresso-system

@bk, you're right it could be just pure coincidence. However the machine was maintained and worked without a single issue until a lidl pod was used. It hasn't worked since. Extremely unlikely it was anything else.
    A friend subsequently told me that she had the exact same issue with her Citiz machine after using a lidl pod. I'd only wished she'd told me the story before hand! :(

Btw, based on the price I paid at the time I would expect it to last at least that time and more. Nespresso themselves give a 3 year warranty with any nespresso machine. If it was "cheap and plasticky", I wouldn't expect a nestle/manufacturer to stand over the machine for 3 years.

Edit:

1.99 for a the lidl pods is a great price. The coffee is actually pretty ok. I don't think as good as the originals. Some will agree/disagree, every has different tastes. It's like wine or beer etc. However I was only warning that I know the lidl pods broke my machine. There's no doubt in my mind. Just be careful with them. If you do a search online, you'll see lots of complaints of compatible pods breaking machines. In particular the CitiZ machine.
    That's all from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

@bk, you're right it could be just pure coincidence. However the machine was maintained and worked without a single issue until a lidl pod was used. It hasn't worked since. Extremely unlikely it was anything else.
    A friend subsequently told me that she had the exact same issue with her Citiz machine after using a lidl pod. I'd only wished she'd told me the story before hand! :(

Btw, based on the price I paid at the time I would expect it to last at least that time and more. Nespresso themselves give a 3 year warranty with any nespresso machine. If it was "cheap and plasticky", I wouldn't expect a nestle/manufacturer to stand over the machine for 3 years.

Edit:

1.99 for a the lidl pods is a great price. The coffee is actually pretty ok. I don't think as good as the originals. Some will agree/disagree, every has different tastes. It's like wine or beer etc. However I was only warning that I know the lidl pods broke my machine. There's no doubt in my mind. Just be careful with them. If you do a search online, you'll see lots of complaints of compatible pods breaking machines. In particular the CitiZ machine.
    That's all from me.

I also have the Citiz machine (I have a Krups CitiZ & Milk red), been using the Lidl pods since they came out and never had any problems with them, using it at least twice a day for a couple of coffee's each time.

Advertisement