Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toastedpickles Saab 900 lpt build

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

just the lights, the temp gauge and fuel gauge are a bit wonky too but its down to bad earthing points on the board

So ten days ago this month last year "ol blue" as its become fondly know around the area landed off the back of a trailer and the fun and learning began! I've learned a shocking amount in general, and I'm glad of it, and I'm thankful for al the help you guys have given me through out this build so far :) so here's to the next year!

Getting the finger out and getting stuck in now, pulled out the interior today

2ly20qd.jpg

However the passenger side was a tad wet :o water seemed to get in from somewhere at some stage but not anymore

2n8u1b6.jpg

Out with the carpets, and sound deadening foam, which was soaked :( gona wash the carpet tomorrow

dy2n8x.jpg

The inside is pretty solid! There was 4 areas of concern, two were dealt with a bit of waxyoil

15mms9i.jpg

2m5ckmw.jpg

This had rotted so a dab of por-15 and that was that stopped

20ix3jl.jpg

And then there's this fcuker

elbcrq.jpg

That'l be cut out at some stage soon and a plate welded in

Tomorrows fun and games, sorting the interior electrics!

Carried on with stripping the interior today, more rust chasing, the majority of it is now gone apart from the few pieces below, on the bumpers and the left driveshaft tunnel, I'm gona leave it this way for the next month or so, while i get gauges, switches and the like, makes life easier up front to plumb them all in!

2cpp2d5.jpg

So after i pulled out the rear seats this is what we have

oisivk.jpg

So i went investigating for rust, seen this on the body and thought nothing of it

2hfp6l1.jpg

So i took the side panel off and noticed some bad rust under the silver backing, so i peeled it away and this greeted me :(

dy6tzr.jpg

and peeled a bit more...and some more, and a little more for good measure, until the full extent was unveiled

fcuk

33wml47.jpg

Cutting this out for sure!

The other bad piece

25u1bih.jpg

I can probably get away with rust killer on it and some fiberglass mat, we shall see
    After this i layed on a few coats of zinc primer and I'm going to let it sit overnight and go over it with matt black or something, no one is going to see it when its all back together!

5pj48g.jpg

2rorxbp.jpg

Ordered a brake switch for it also, so hpoefully that will sort my lack of brake lights :o

Done a little bit with the 900 too today

We finally have brake lights! Made a small adjustment to the bracket and it works like a charm

s4o1w4.jpg

I also got a fully working washer system now too :D its the small things!

2z55dl0.jpg

2uom2xi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Nice to see the blue lines being used for the screenwash.

Nice to see the blue lines being used for the screenwash.

Yeah they fitted perfectly, so i figured why not!

Been doing a little bit of tidying up on this lately, the bad rot has been taken care of, and today i got this :D a full boost gauge kit for 20 euro, happy out

2rp79s9.jpg

gona throw it in tomorrow or whenever i get a chance

A temporary fix while I find something decent to mount it in, it's growing on me though

1zxbq0m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

He'll have an a pillar pod next. . . :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement