Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first time email address?

Options
  • 08-06-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Where can someone set up their very 1st (free) email account?

They all seem to want your existing email address?
    What if you don't have one already? or your previous email is now defunct (like oceanfree)
    Any suggestions for setting a new one up without having to use anothe email account?
    Ta.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They only want that other address in case something goes wrong. If you have an old oceanfree one, put it in.

Eventually they will ask for your mobile which is a much better way for them to contact you in the event of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

spurious wrote: »
    They only want that other address in case something goes wrong. If you have an old oceanfree one, put it in.

Do they not use the other email address for a confirmation email link or something when setting up?

She can no longer open her oceanfree emails, so a confirmation email could not be read or links clicked to activate the new account.( & I don't want to use my existing email for someone else's back up :o ).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I set up a number of emails for students at school using one of my email addresses and I don't recall having to go to my email to click anything. I do get messages every time they change their password, which seems to be frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Google should do the job for you with a Gmail account.
    The only time I get asked for another email address is to aid recovery of the password but I think you can leave it blank.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://webmail.oceanfree.net/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi works fine.
    I would use gmail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Google should do the job for you with a Gmail account.
    The only time I get asked for another email address is to aid recovery of the password but I think you can leave it blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Moonbeam wrote: »

Hi Moonbeam, can you actually read any of the mails in oceanfree, We have logged in but get errors every time we try to open a mail. There is also thousands that need to be read or deleted to get to the most recent.

Advertisement