Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 - GSM Line Fault

Options
  • 08-06-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm looking for some help with a newly installed alarm, alarm seems to be working fine. We mounted the GSM-Q(v1.2.3) board to the panel and installed a SIM. There are 3 red flashing lights on the GSM board and I'm getting a GSM Line fault.

The SIM(meteor) is working in a phone making and receiving calls. The pin is disabled. Also tried an O2 SIM and my own SIM to rule out a SIM issue. The area where the alarm is installed appears to have a good phone signal on my phone at least.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you put the sim into the GSM are you powering it down fully & powering up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paul_wal

Yes KoolKid, have powered down completely, removing battery etc. a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Paul_wal wrote: »
    I'm looking for some help with a newly installed alarm, alarm seems to be working fine. We mounted the GSM-Q(v1.2.3) board to the panel and installed a SIM. There are 3 red flashing lights on the GSM board and I'm getting a GSM Line fault.

The SIM(meteor) is working in a phone making and receiving calls. The pin is disabled. Also tried an O2 SIM and my own SIM to rule out a SIM issue. The area where the alarm is installed appears to have a good phone signal on my phone at least.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

If you go into GSM status what does it say?

altor wrote: »
    If you go into GSM status what does it say?

It says no signal.

It says no signal.

Is the control panel version 3 or higher?

• Advertisement

Is the control panel version 3 or higher?

yes - v3.0.32

yes - v3.0.32

If you know for sure you should have a signal then it may be an issue with the GSM itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Try unlocking the sim within the panel its self.

If you know for sure you should have a signal then it may be an issue with the GSM itself.

Yes I do think I have enough signal. I had the phone right beside the panel and have 3-4 bars on H. However what I have noticed is the phone switches between H & 3G signal at times. Could this impact?
    Try unlocking the sim within the panel its self.

I haven't got a pin on the SIM do you mean switch one back on and enter it in on the panel? I have tried it earlier with 0000 pin and originally with a pin number

Yes I do think I have enough signal. I had the phone right beside the panel and have 3-4 bars on H. However what I have noticed is the phone switches between H & 3G signal at times. Could this impact?

I haven't got a pin on the SIM do you mean switch one back on and enter it in on the panel? I have tried it earlier with 0000 pin and originally with a pin number

Leave the sim in place and try unlocking it in the panels menu.

• Advertisement

Leave the sim in place and try unlocking it in the panels menu.

I tried putting in 0000 in panel it seems to attempt to connect and then comes back with no signal.

I tried putting in 0000 in panel it seems to attempt to connect and then comes back with no signal.

Are any of these sims on the 083 network?

No Meteor sims 085

No Meteor sims 085

I would bring the GSM back and get a replacement one. You have covered every other option available.

Just to cover the basics. Have you enabled the GSM and are you getting signal up beside the panel on a mobile?

Just to cover the basics. Have you enabled the GSM and are you getting signal up beside the panel on a mobile?
    Yes I put the sim in a phone and was able to make and receive calls and text. Yes had the phone right beside the panel and has good signal
    I would bring the GSM back and get a replacement one. You have covered every other option available.
    Thanks altor, yes I think that will be the next step alright

Yes I put the sim in a phone and was able to make and receive calls and text. Yes had the phone right beside the panel and has good signal

Thanks altor, yes I think that will be the next step alright

You need to enable the GSM unit on the panel. Did you do that? I've done loads of those and not had a single one faulty.

You need to enable the GSM unit on the panel. Did you do that? I've done loads of those and not had a single one faulty.

Yep GSM enabled

Yep GSM enabled

Has to be a faulty unit so.

Has to be a faulty unit so.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll get in touch with supplier and see about a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

In these situations its always the sim, never had a faulty gsm-q and I've put in a lot of them, try your own sim in the gsm, power down and power up and see does that work. Rule out the gsm-q

In these situations its always the sim, never had a faulty gsm-q and I've put in a lot of them, try your own sim in the gsm, power down and power up and see does that work. Rule out the gsm-q

Yep, have tried my own SIM and a new one. I think at this stage we can rule out the SIM, I was powering down and up after each SIM change. I'm not sure what else to try at this stage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The obvious step would be to try another Digi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 munsterboy

Hi.. know the thread is old but hoping you can help me. I'm wondering why you asked the question 'are any of these sims on the 083 network'
    I'm attempting to install a GSM-Q, got a sim (prepay) from Three (didn't work- GSM Line fault). Got a replacement sim (prepay) from Three (didn't work - same issue). I tried my meteor sim (bill pay) from my phone and it worked. Seems like I need to get a Meteor sim, but concerned that the Meteor sim didn't work for another poster. I don't want to waste more money.
    Thanks!

I know any of the SIMs that switched from O2 over to Three work fine.
    Meteor SIMs have always been fine for me on any GSM unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

3 sims won't work at all with gsm-q as they are 3G only and gsm-q only works with 2G. Vodafone, eircom or meteor sims work fine. Don't forget that meteor prepay come with pin which has to be inputed in the appropriate sub-menu.

Advertisement