Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsunny South East

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Look you made a sweeping statement! It's wrong! You can't back it up and now you're clutching at straws. You're the one doesn't get it!

Yea Waterford is great, with really helpful workers, and everyone wants to set up here.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Chiparus wrote: »
    "Meanwhile, amid the terrible pain of transition from manufacturing to something else, Waterford is being forced to take a hard look at itself. “We’re not very good at self-analysis and self-criticism. We have to reinvent our image. Just because we do some clever things around historic tours and street theatre, this is not reinventing our industrial image. We collectively have a problem to solve,” says Dolphin. “But Waterford’s biggest mistake is that it looks in on itself all the time.”

This is not insularity. This is navel gazing which is a different thing. But...But...from the same article "Also, Waterford people are fiercely critical of Waterford people,” he says. " Sound familiar Chiparus? He might even be talking aout those who are on about militancy that doesn't exist.

Yea Waterford is great, with really helpful workers, and everyone wants to set up here.:rolleyes:

Well plenty have! the article has even named them albeit in the context of jobs lost. Its a strange thing that those and the likes of Genzyme didn't do there research about this hotbed of militancy. Galway didn't reinvent itself. Nor did Cork. There success is a direct result of government policy and investment and a direct focus by the IDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

This is not insularity. This is navel gazing which is a different thing. But...But...from the same article "Also, Waterford people are fiercely critical of Waterford people,” he says. " Sound familiar Chiparus? He might even be talking aout those who are on about militancy that doesn't exist.

I would still be considered a blow in.

I would still be considered a blow in.

Funny this reminds me of the debates in the manor and press around Newgate. The only people who used the term "blow in" were the blow ins themselves who were in fact questioning my interest because I lived in Dublin at the time. The irony was apparently not realized however. The only people I heard use this term in my life until then were my parents who are not from Waterford.Sensitivity to there own self perceptions perhaps. However perhaps now we are getting somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Any chance both of ye can start a thread for yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Any chance both of ye can start a thread for yourselves?

Advertisement