Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike test

• 08-06-2014 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Lads someone ( possibly roadskill ) posted up a do's and donts for the motorbike test a while ago. I cant find the thread. Anyone know what thread im talking about or where it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

The one I used was called Brush Up for Motorcycle Test last post to it was about two months back. About 12,pages in my phone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87834401

Where are you doing your test Richard? I've mine in Ballincollig on Thursday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87834401

Where are you doing your test Richard? I've mine in Ballincollig on Thursday :D

Nice one. Thats the thread I was looking for. Ive mine in Navan on wednesday

Hope the jpeg shows up ok. Wonda-boy ( or anyone )do you know the speed limit on Acadamy street ? Its a 60kph just before we turned onto Acadamy street. Like I said earlier its a built up area so prob 50kph?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It has to be a 50klm, I will go up tomorrow and have a look see Joe.

• Advertisement

Passed the test this morning. 2 grade 2 fails for safety glance. Happy enough with that. Tester followed me on a bike. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Passed the test this morning. 2 grade 2 fails for safety glance. Happy enough with that. Tester followed me on a bike. :)
    Congrat!! Its the best feeling passing your bike test.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Congrats dude! I bet that's a relief! :D

Yep great feeling. And im pretty sure the RSA will be changing the test procedure again at some stage with added hoops to jump through and extra dosh so its good to have it done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yep great feeling. And im pretty sure the RSA will be changing the test procedure again at some stage with added hoops to jump through and extra dosh so its good to have it done and dusted.

Well done man!! Now go get a faster bike :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Well done lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

congrats
    have you stopped grinning like a loon yet? know it took me half a day to relax the grin after passing.
    my face was getting sore, i am a grumpy f***er normally! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Playaaah. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Well done not a bother to ya!! Hope you will be out on more spins now over the summer with the Pinky :P:P

lostboy75 wrote: »
    congrats
    have you stopped grinning like a loon yet? know it took me half a day to relax the grin after passing.
    my face was getting sore, i am a grumpy f***er normally! ;-)

Havent had time to soak it in yet. Few drinks tonight and Ill relax. I think I passed you at some stage today with the tester. You turned up towards the Athlumney church road? Possibly around half 2. Well done yourself anyway:)

Forgot to mention a big thank you to Mick Finlay of http://www.drivinginstructorsireland.ie/Driving-Instructors/Driving-Instructors-Testimonials/F35559/Michael-Finlay/Finlay-School-of-Motoring/Portlaoise/Co-Laois/

He knows his stuff. Also to Gary for his road knowledge of Navan area & all the lads who I have met on Sunday spins who passed on good advice.Now where is the nearest Hayabusa dealer:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Well done! Richard! Wasn't a bother 2 u!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Awesome and Congrats, and words of wisdom for future test takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Well done. No better feeling ride safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Congrats, ride safe

• Advertisement

Awesome and Congrats, and words of wisdom for future test takers?

Most do's and donts are covered on other threads. Might not make sence but I went for the test expecting to fail. It kind of gave me a gun ho attitude which actually relaxed me for the test. Alot of testers are very formal and dont chit chat so just keep it to yes sir no sir type conversation. The last thing a tester wants is a cocky yapping client. And I suppose you can never life saver enough when changing lanes and so on. My 2 grade 2 fails where a safety glance mid u turn and failure to safety glance when 2 lanes merged into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

Well done fair play congrats

Advertisement