Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 15, neither touchscreen, nor Blue tooth working?

Options
  • 08-06-2014 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-3537/pd#AnchorZone3

Hi this arrived a few days ago, a few teething problems though :). I assumed that touch-screen meant that I could just touch icons, like with a smart-phone? or have I misunderstood what the term 'touch-screen' meant? . Also Blue tooth from my phone isn't working? I keep getting asked whether a certain code is the one on my phone, but there's no code on my phone. I don't fancy ringing one of those awful help-lines and speaking to someone with a difficult to understand accent in Delhi (no racism intended). I'd really be grateful if someone here could maybe help this damsel in distress as a first port of call? Any assistance appreciated.

Danke, danku,Dziękuję,

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

From the blurb...
    Anything that you do on the Inspiron 15 feels more fun when you add the optional 15.6" touchscreen
    So, did you actually order a touchscreen model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Ok I probably didn't , it was more for an elderly parent than for me. How do I activate bluetooth can anyone tell me please?.

Plenty of guides on the interweb....

http://www.informatives.net/how-to-use-bluetooth-on-windows-8/

Make sure your phone is 'discoverable' during the pairing process.

Thanks, Bluetooth now linked. My HP 3070 A Printer/Scanner/Copier though is being deemed incompatible due to, Is this possible to remedy? if not could you please recommend another printer?

It says the operating system is not supported. It can only be installed on computers running eithe Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or better, or Windows Vista 3 or Windows 7, can this be acquired over the web?

• Advertisement

Thanks, I do appear to have a compatible system, 8.1 windows, unless that was another thing I failed to include. HP support forum looks useless, nobody responding to any of the threads.

Is there any durable printer-copiers that could go with this computer, via dell or in the shops? by durable I mean, an ink cartridge that will last a long time?thanks
    F

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Freiheit wrote: »
    Thanks, I do appear to have a compatible system, 8.1 windows, unless that was another thing I failed to include. HP support forum looks useless, nobody responding to any of the threads.

Is there any durable printer-copiers that could go with this computer, via dell or in the shops? by durable I mean, an ink cartridge that will last a long time?thanks
    F

Windows 7 drivers will likely work ok with your printer once they are digitally signed, which if they come from HP likely will be. Try the Windows 7 driver and see how you get on.
    Also with the printer plugged in to the USB port and turned on run Windows update. Windows is pretty good at locating device drivers automatically these days..

Nick

Thanks Nick, if Windows 8.1 is installed though, how would I go about substituting that for 7? but yes will try connecting it via USB also, even though it is wireless...it's quite a handicap, not being able to print :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Freiheit wrote: »
    Thanks Nick, if Windows 8.1 is installed though, how would I go about substituting that for 7? but yes will try connecting it via USB also, even though it is wireless...it's quite a handicap, not being able to print :)

Windows 7 drivers will likely work ok on Windows 8.1 :) . I'd just connect the machine to the internet, plug in the printer to a free USB port, turn the printer on and run Windows update. It should find the driver for you :)

Nick

Advertisement