Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

classification of rubble

• 08-06-2014 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if building rubble is classified as waste? The stuff I'm looking at has brick, cement, painted wall, tiles, fibre wool, etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

What's the context? And how much are you talking about?

If you're looking to dump it, pay for a skip and have it taken away.

In terms of Waste Acceptance Criteria, it's probably okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Can anyone tell me if building rubble is classified as waste? The stuff I'm looking at has brick, cement, painted wall, tiles, fibre wool, etc.
    Thanks

Yes it classified as C&D waste. Construction and demolition. There are usually permitted sites that take this free. Your local authority Environment Sect keep an up to date registrar. It's usually taken in free as it's wanted for infill which is usually where the permit is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Thanks-was wondering how clean it had to be-I suppose broken concrete would be less dangerous than older concretes or rubble with paint on it. Was going to use as a base for a road on the land and worried about pollution it might cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

That mixture of materials, excluding the fibre wool would probably be assigned the EWC (European Waste Catalogue) No. 17 01 07, meaning it doesn't contain any dangerous substances, while the insulating material would probably be assigned as 17 06 04 (again non-haz, assuming no asbestos etc.).

But with regard to your intention to use this as fill for a road etc., then it would require some sort of permission, again from the Env section of your local authority.

But usually the Local Authoritie's website will list the facilities available in your County where you can bring this type of material.

Advertisement