Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portugal Resort / Apartment recommendations please !

Options
  • 08-06-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,
    I 'm hoping to book 10 days on the Algarve in September for Hubby & I. This would be our first time in Portugal. I've spent many hours trawling the usual travel websites but the huge number of places to stay is mind boggling! Does any one have any recommendations? Our requirements are roughly;
    - nowhere too Chavvy, the memory of a strip of Irish/English bars and clubs should remain back in my 20s
    - a variety of cheap restaurants nearby
    - preferably some nice beaches in walking distance
    - looking for a decent apartment block 3/4 star with a nice pool too!
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

new2tri wrote: »
    Hi,
    I 'm hoping to book 10 days on the Algarve in September for Hubby & I. This would be our first time in Portugal. I've spent many hours trawling the usual travel websites but Huge number of places to is mind boggling! Does any one have any recommendations? Our requirements are roughly;
    - nowhere too Chavvy, the memory of a strip of Irish/English bars and clubs should remain back in my 20s
    - a variety of cheap restaurants nearby
    - preferably some nice beaches in walking distance
    - looking for a decent apartment block 3/4 star with a nice pool too!
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Try the Areais Village apartments in albufeira they are lovely also the Topaz beside them or the Oura Praia.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GenuineFan

The Old Village, Vilamoura. A lovely quaint pedestrianised resort.. 3 pools, 4/5 bars and restaurants, supermarket and about 20 minute stroll to the marina, a further 10 to the beach. Message me if you nees any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pinkmonkey045

Albufeira, old town has a gorgeous selection of restaurants and is not chavvy! Beach is lovely. The new strip (chavvy) is far away enough, that you wouldn't find it unless trying to! One of the only places I've ever gone twice (I have a rule.... New place every time!).

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

hi there,

the link below is our apartment in albufeira....we're booked up until the end of Sept...but if you like the look of Solario, message me and I'll give you a couple of email addresses so you can ask my neighbours. Solario is in a nice quiet spot, within minutes walk to all the bars / restaurants / beach....

also try Vila Gale, nice hotel near the old town square!

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/VacationRentalReview-g189112-d2315227-Solario_de_Sao_Jose-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Vote for Old town Albufeira here too. We are staying at Cerro Mar Atlantico which is just up the hill from Old town. Very good reviews on Trip Advisor etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement