Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Leaving Cert Classical Studies 2014 **

• 08-06-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Alright lads, time's running out and I haven't seen anyone talking about classical here. Anyone have any good tips for what might be coming up? Like the big important topics as in Alexander, drama and writers!
    Help is much appreciated!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sirwhy

I'm just glad I have two days to study it. We're a small bunch really. Hoping for two nice drama questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peanut.lover22

Yeah, but do you have any predictions on what the drama questions could be?

Sadly no. I'll be going through past papers tomorrow because I have no exams. Will reply with anything I come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

Anyone doing this exam? Fingers crossed for a Granicus question and some easy Drama stuff! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 RHardy

Yup, me too! Anyone doing roman art and architecture? Was absent for a lot of this and finding it tough to cram :(

RHardy wrote: »
    Yup, me too! Anyone doing roman art and architecture? Was absent for a lot of this and finding it tough to cram :(

We did Greek A+A for some reason :/ Yeah, I think Classics is impossible to cram for, there's just so much of it.

I hope Granicus comes up, I've heard rumours of Cleitus and Callisthenes and/or the plots coming up. Don't know how full proof that is though.

I hope Granicus comes up, I've heard rumours of Cleitus and Callisthenes and/or the plots coming up. Don't know how full proof that is though.

Yeah, I've been hearing that as well. Granicus, plots, and Orientalism seems to be the general consensus. I really should be stressing more over the epic, I know literally nothing about the Aeneid :P

I'm so stressed about Drama, it's my weakest area :(

• Advertisement

I'm so stressed about Drama, it's my weakest area :(

I don't mind the really out-there Drama questions, but the specific ones where you have to analyse like one scene always get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fionnacake

I'm terrified for Alexander, all I know is Granicus :(

Right, well that was awful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Thought it was a tough paper, they definitely made an effort to re-word questions people might have been expecting i.e. Granicus..
    I did the Philosophy section, my teacher didn't teach it I just learnt it myself because I hated art & architecture, god damn that section is predictable

I thought it was ok, they were very fancy with their wording of questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Soapndglory

Hey guys I answered the Alexander question on the siege of Miletus but got confused on the first part and ended up talking about Halicarnassus.. For part b I then wrote about his coastal policy. Anyone know if part b is right and if they'll take a lot of marks off me for part a.. I'm freaking out!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Can I just ask.. where do you guys go to school that you get to actually have such a class course on the timetable?

Hey guys I answered the Alexander question on the siege of Miletus but got confused on the first part and ended up talking about Halicarnassus.. For part b I then wrote about his coastal policy. Anyone know if part b is right and if they'll take a lot of marks off me for part a.. I'm freaking out!?

I did that question as well, I think they will take marks off if you talked about halicarnassus but for part b), the coastal policy I think is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ruanmcg

jazz101 wrote: »
    Can I just ask.. where do you guys go to school that you get to actually have such a class course on the timetable?

Wesley College in Dundrum.. They do it in Michaels and the institute too

Or the odd ball of the group being Ratoath College...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

St Conleth's as well.

Advertisement