Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional PS3 repair in Waterford

Options
  • 08-06-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Anyone recommend someone to repair a "freezing" play station 3? Looking for a professional in Waterford who can do the job Ideally on a no-fix - no-fee basis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Just buy a second hand one from Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Don't know anyone in waterford but can recommend a bray company called
    Consolerepairs.ie. they operate on a no fix no fee basis. Have used them a few times and always found them reliable, and have goods returned within a week.
    They will check out item and ring you with a cost of fixing it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

give this lad a message on facebook he maybe able to help you

https://www.facebook.com/cybersquad.ie?ref=br_rs

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Exercise caution here because I sent mine off the a player in Cork and they said it was more or less a write off cos to fix it would cost €150 plus VAT.

I got it back, plugged it in and it worked fine for another few months until its eventual "death".

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

Narrowed it down to the blu ray. All disks (including movies) freeze but games on the hard drive play with no problem. Will probably just replace that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

Before you do- are you sure it's your PS3 and not just the game? Mine is acting the bollocks of late but that's down to GTA V online. That's across the board too- xbox 360 and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

TheVandal wrote: »
    Before you do- are you sure it's your PS3 and not just the game? Mine is acting the bollocks of late but that's down to GTA V online. That's across the board too- xbox 360 and all.

I think that's already covered when he said it's all disks including movies that are affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

kensutz wrote: »
    I think that's already covered when he said it's all disks including movies that are affected.

Had to read up- didn't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Wilde_37 wrote: »
    Narrowed it down to the blu ray. All disks (including movies) freeze but games on the hard drive play with no problem. Will probably just replace that.

If it's just the blu ray drive that is easy to replace. Pick one up on eBay and just watch the tutorials on YouTube.

If your ordering a blu ray just make sure you order the right one as they are not all compatible ie if your order one from a 40gig and put it in a 60gig it won't recognise it.

If you do replace it yourself all you need is a Philips screw driver and a h12 screw driver to own the initial holding screw.

Here's a good tutorial

http://youtu.be/9UB7nsTSCD4

Advertisement