Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Betting Thread 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Agent J wrote: »
    I'd just like to go on Record. I hate the Raiders. They wrecked my accumlator..
    Its one of those divisional matchups that you will learn to stay away from. Anything can and does happen when the Chargers and the Raiders meet no matter what the form of the teams coming into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Any reason not to put a big lump on the eagles tonight lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Any reason not to put a big lump on the eagles tonight lads?

If they don't win, you'd lose it all....?

If they don't win, you'd lose it all....?

I knew I hadnt thought it all the way through.

Also because the Giants have won their last three and all by ten points or more. Its a divisional matchup too and the Giants have won two of the last three editions of this rivalry in Philly.

• Advertisement

I just can't understand the Chicago Bears. I think they are a good team, then a really good team, I decide I'll have a bet on them and they stink the joint up, I say one off bad performance and back them again and they stink it up again. So I'm back to thinking this team is awful and I back against them away from home and they beat a team that rarely loses at home.

Lesson learned the hard way, stay away from the Chicago Bears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Good night so far.

Eagles-2.5 at 2.05 for 5 Pts.

Good night so far.

Eagles-2.5 at 2.05 for 5 Pts.
    5 points on a rivalry game? 5 points on an Eagles team which nearly gave up a huge lead to the Rams last week against a team who has won its last three by ten points or more?

I think its lunacy to take a minus handicap in this game anyways. Regardless of the outcome its a bad wager in the first place imo.

eagle eye wrote: »
    5 points on a rivalry game? 5 points on an Eagles team which nearly gave up a huge lead to the Rams last week against a team who has won its last three by ten points or more?

I think its lunacy to take a minus handicap in this game anyways. Regardless of the outcome its a bad wager in the first place imo.

Well i beg to differ, its a great value bet in my opinion, thats why i have 5Pts on it.

Well i beg to differ, its a great value bet in my opinion, thats why i have 5Pts on it.

Yeah id have to agree, ive gone eagles straight up because im a pussy but I was happy to bet big on it.

• Advertisement

Congrats lads, I don't know how you were so confident though.

Went 4-1-1 in Nfl this week, +19.55 Pts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Hate to come in here after the fact but any of you get on that PP special with OvertimeIreland?

Paid 12/1 (most back in free bets) on Broncos, Ravens, Pats and Chargers all winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I had them in a special four fold acca with paddy. As the terms said ravens, packers, bengals and broncos to win, I doubt I'll be getting paid on that :-(

I was on this as well. It was still pending last night but lost this morning. I went onto live chat with pp and they said they would pay out for the treble as a good will gesture. Might be worth giving them a shout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Double C wrote: »
    I was on this as well. It was still pending last night but lost this morning. I went onto live chat with pp and they said they would pay out for the treble as a good will gesture. Might be worth giving them a shout too.

I was on this as well. Looks like they have paid out in full :) I got the four fold payout as opposed tithe treble.

Hi Customer,

I am contacting you in relation to a recent enhanced 4 fold you had placed on the NFL. The 4 fold in question was on the Ravens, Packers, Bengals and Broncos to win their respective matches at an enhanced price of 7/2.

As you may know the Bengals and the Panthers finished 37-37 - deeming the enhanced 4 fold a losing selection. However, as a gesture off goodwill - we have settled this bet on your account as a winning selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah got that too, paid in full . Fair play to Paddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Think the line is a little skinny tonight and have taken the 9ers to cover. I would lean a little toward the under also but haven't backed it yet.

Been a great weekend so tonight is not a big deal to me, just an interest is all.

Edit: To flesh this out a little, the Rams can't stop the run, the 9ers like to run. The Rams have a got a young QB who has been putting up numbers but will now come up against a D that is getting its act together in the last couple of weeks and has shut down Kansas run game, which is no mean feat and the Eagles offence in general which is also no joke.

I like them to win it ugly, and for it to be a low scoring game which is why I want to go with the unders also, if Kap was a bit more bankable this year I think they could smash them, but cant have confidence in him right now, Gore on the other hand I have faith in. The 49ers look to be hitting a stride and I feel the line should be a bit higher so they are the value bet for me.

Had a decent showing myself this weekend. Might take the Rams straight up tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Washington getting those big pass plays again today!!

And losing by 10. :p

Pretty poor night for me yesterday though. :o

Tonights bet.

SF vs St Louis under 44.5 at 1.847 for 4 Pts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Double C wrote: »
    Yeah got that too, paid in full . Fair play to Paddy!

Yep paddy came good in the end! Eases the pain from the jets game somewhat!

Billy86 wrote: »
    And losing by 10. :p

Pretty poor night for me yesterday though. :o

Ha yeah Cousins went on another turnover spree in the fourth quarter! Even still they were only three points down late in the fourth quarter with the ball before the pick six!

€55 in the 49ers -3.5 at evens. Time to see if Austin Davis is for real, but I've got a feeling the San Francisco's running game should be too much either way. Would have preferred -3 but forgot about it and the line changed. :/

Kind of an impulsive bet more than anything else, I just don't trust Kaepernick's consistency!

I'm on two small bets for fun tonight. I've gone for Venon Davis to score two tds @ 12/1 and any other td scorer(ie ST's or pick six or some strange scorer) @ 12/1.

I'll take that right at the end of the game.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've broke even two days in a row because of that pick 6. Won the -3.5 and lost the under 44 because of Austin Davis.

Sunday I bet €425 and returned €425.

What a waste of two days :D

Well that ****ed up my bet, was able to break even by backing over 41.5 in the last minute but that interception cost me 338 Eur, oh well last nights last minute
    interception won me, its give and take.
    For the purpose of the log in here i will take that as a 4 pt loss as i dont include my in play bets.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've broke even two days in a row because of that pick 6. Won the -3.5 and lost the under 44 because of Austin Davis.

Sunday I bet €425 and returned €425.

What a waste of two days :D

Not at all, your on the right track breaking even, just put the head down and study next week for a profit.

Well that one nearly went pear shaped on me at the end, thank Christ for Stevie Johnson recovering that onside kick!

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Think the line is a little skinny tonight and have taken the 9ers to cover. I would lean a little toward the under also but haven't backed it yet.

Been a great weekend so tonight is not a big deal to me, just an interest is all.

Edit: To flesh this out a little, the Rams can't stop the run, the 9ers like to run. The Rams have a got a young QB who has been putting up numbers but will now come up against a D that is getting its act together in the last couple of weeks and has shut down Kansas run game, which is no mean feat and the Eagles offence in general which is also no joke.

I like them to win it ugly, and for it to be a low scoring game which is why I want to go with the unders also, if Kap was a bit more bankable this year I think they could smash them, but cant have confidence in him right now, Gore on the other hand I have faith in. The 49ers look to be hitting a stride and I feel the line should be a bit higher so they are the value bet for me.

Topped off an absolutely cracking weekend for me betting wise :) Happy I stayed off the unders would have been a sickener!

FYI this is the weather forecast for tomorrow night:

0WNubBR.jpg

There was similar weather for this game last year and it finished 13-10. The O/U tomorrow is 45 - might be worth taking the under.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm on two small bets for fun tonight. I've gone for Venon Davis to score two tds @ 12/1 and any other td scorer(ie ST's or pick six or some strange scorer) @ 12/1.

12/1 is very high for any other TD scorer.

For example, the market for a Special Teams or Defensive TD scored in the majority of this weekend's games is around the 13/8 mark.

And you got 12/1 for that the other night that also allows for any unlisted offensive players scoring a TD? That doesn't sound right, how does that work or what am I missing?

Liking the jets +10, Falcons +7 and Bengals +3 so far. Ive put my usual few euro on an audacious 8 teamer spread looking to strike gold.

Ill hold fire on singles till later on in the week

Patriots -6.5 and under 54.5 total points is at 10/11. I reckon the Jets will struggle to even get to double digits unless they have a big day on the ground. Their passing attacking is just that bad.

Jets +10 looks great alright given the predicted weather, will wait till a bit closer to game time to decide, but have put a small bet on the unders in case the line shrinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Jets + Thursday Night Football + extreme weather, that'll be interesting.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Patriots -6.5 and under 54.5 total points is at 10/11. I reckon the Jets will struggle to even get to double digits unless they have a big day on the ground. Their passing attacking is just that bad.

Where did you get that?
    On Pinnacle you can get -4 and under 51 at evs.

Have to agree with others the under is the bet here, better back it now as it will surely go down a point or two.

Just looking at Pinnacle there, the market is moving heavy towards Jets +10 so it should get knocked down to +9 today, your better holding off if you want to back the Patriots as you should get -9 later.

12/1 is very high for any other TD scorer.

For example, the market for a Special Teams or Defensive TD scored in the majority of this weekend's games is around the 13/8 mark.

And you got 12/1 for that the other night that also allows for any unlisted offensive players scoring a TD? That doesn't sound right, how does that work or what am I missing?
    Well as it turns out I had it wrong. I thought that was what I had but it was for first td scorer. :(

• Advertisement

Just looking at Pinnacle there, the market is moving heavy towards Jets +10 so it should get knocked down to +9 today, your better holding off if you want to back the Patriots as you should get -9 later.
    Patriots have lost Mayo and Ridley for the season, a couple of the OL are going to miss Thursday's game too. Jets are awful but you just wouldn't know which way this game would go. I would be tempted by the +10 tbh.

Where did you get that?
    On Pinnacle you can get -4 and under 51 at evs.

Paddy Power. The Jets defensive lune is a worry against the Patriots offensive line but I just can't see there being that many points at all and see the Patriots slowly pulling away. I was half tempted to take -6.5 and under 38.5 points total at 9/4 I think it was with the weather reports but gave it a miss because the Jets secondary could let up a few in ones even if they wind up playing in a hurricane. They look like a team in free fall at the moment, and neither Vick nor Smith are going to be able to do a single thing to turn that around.

Under 45 and Jets +10 on coral at 10/11 and 5/6 respectively

Yeah, the Jets have to be the side if you're going to take a side. The Patriots have looked good the last 2 games, but early season form can't be discounted. The Jets have probably been the opposite, looked bad recently, but were ok early on.

Then you have a potentially nice matchup with the strong Jets d-line versus the Pats weak o-line, plus the loss of Mayo & Ridley. If the Jets stop the run and force New England into long passing downs, that's a nice situation.

What should the line be? Maybe -7.5/-8. Not sure there's enough value at -9 (8 and 9 dead-ish numbers), but will definitely be interested it goes back to 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like I've very much gone against the crowd with Pats -9.5 1 unit 1.93. Also taken 1 unit Cardinals win 1.58.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Looks like I've very much gone against the crowd with Pats -9.5 1 unit 1.93. Also taken 1 unit Cardinals win 1.58.

If their line holds up I think they will cover that easy (barring torrential weather making it a low scoring, run based game), to be honest. It's that battle with their offensive and the Jets' defensive lines that is the worry, though.

Trying my hand at a correlated parlay: Jets +9.5 AND Under 44 (about 3/1).

Idea being, if the Jets cover, it will probably be in a low-scoring game.

That is the theory, I can see it being a 17-10 kind of game if the weather is as predicted

Patriots -3 and under 51 points at 10/11 for a 4 Point teaser.

Just going to take the unders at 45 mentioned yesterday. Hopefully the Jets keep it close and it's a decent game but teh Patriots are playing with a lot of confidence at the minute...

• Advertisement
Advertisement