Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Knocknarea Avenue in Drimnagh

Options
  • 08-06-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Can anyone please advise on what Knocknarea Avenue in Drimnagh is like to live in? I am thinking of moving there long term but don't know the area. It's the Brickfields Park end of the road so just wondering if there is much anti-social behaviour as I will be there alone. I live in Rialto at the moment and have had no problems here.

Thanks very much for any advice you can give.
    Fionnuala

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Chah

FionnualaT wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone please advise on what Knocknarea Avenue in Drimnagh is like to live in? I am thinking of moving there long term but don't know the area. It's the Brickfields Park end of the road so just wondering if there is much anti-social behaviour as I will be there alone. I live in Rialto at the moment and have had no problems here.

Thanks very much for any advice you can give.
    Fionnuala

Well since you live in Rialto you'll generally find Drimnagh a nicer place....you can of course live your life by evening herald stories if you like. Regarding the specific area it would be one of the rougher spots traditionally (near lissadell).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 misterwoods

Just bought in Drimnagh myself for under 200k - very close to where you're looking actually, facing onto brickfield park. Have lived all over Dublin previously (Ballsbridge, Walkinstown, Kimmage, Glasnevin, Stoneybatter) and done a good bit of research into the area as I wouldn't have known a lot about it. Spoke to the provisional neighbours, a colleague who lives there, and a couple who used to rent there - basically it's fine with a couple of bad eggs. As long as you're keeping yourself to yourself you'll be fine!

Our neighbours are fairly sound, it's a pretty settled area with a lot of 'older' residents, which in a way is lending itself to properties coming onto the market and available for younger professionals looking for somewhere cheap and close to town. I wouldn't say it's exactly gentrifying, but there are a lot of other people like ourselves in the area - not quite 'yuppies' but definitely not the type that are looking for trouble.

It's pretty quiet at night, lots of teenagers hanging around in the evenings, but once it gets dark they're gone. Only thing is that there tends to be more litter on the streets than other areas, and not everyone cleans up after their dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FionnualaT

Thanks very much for letting me know. It sounds like you did your homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 misterwoods

Actually had a chat with the local garda aswell! Best to cover all bases :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 EMCS

Hey just wondered if anyone had any up to date advice on Knocknarea Avenue, the Bricksfield's Park end. I'm looking at buying a house there but it's not far from Lissadel Drive/Park, which if I go by what I've read are areas to avoid. Is this still the case? Thanks.

Advertisement