Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYOB restaurants Dublin 15?

Options
  • 08-06-2014 7:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

Given that these are springing up everywhere around the country, just wondering if there is one in Dublin 15 yet? Or even if any restaurants allow you to bring your own wine and pay corkage, without perhaps highlighting the fact (many places will if you ask).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

MammaZita wrote: »
    Given that these are springing up everywhere around the country, just wondering if there is one in Dublin 15 yet? Or even if any restaurants allow you to bring your own wine and pay corkage, without perhaps highlighting the fact (many places will if you ask).

Thanks.

The hole in the wall let you buy wine in their wine shop and drink it in the bar once it's over a certain price, used to be €10

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

athtrasna wrote: »
    The hole in the wall let you buy wine in their wine shop and drink it in the bar once it's over a certain price, used to be €10

There is a restaurant at the Phoenix Park race course apartments called - LoCal kitchen - they are doing BYO until they get their wine licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

athtrasna wrote: »

The Carpenter also allows you to drink wine you buy in their offie. I'm not sure what the corkage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Australia is the best place ever for BYOs - practically every restaurant did it - great if you were a backpacker on a shoestring budget!

It doesn't seem to be common in Ireland at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

ongarboy wrote: »
    Australia is the best place ever for BYOs - practically every restaurant did it - great if you were a backpacker on a shoestring budget!

It doesn't seem to be common in Ireland at all.

It's very common in city centre Dublin and we've been to BYOB restaurants in Donegal, Killybegs, Galway, Lahinch, Kilkenny, Westport, Louth, Fermoy, Cork City- all over Ireland infact. It's a great way of getting out for a meal and not paying a fortune for plonk.

Infact here's another thread on BYOB restaurants in Ireland:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057180561/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Murt10 wrote: »
    The Carpenter also allows you to drink wine you buy in their offie. I'm not sure what the corkage is.

no corkage... at least not the last time i brought the missus around! i only drink the pints meself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I have done in Aurora in Tyrrelstown, however I will note that it was in their Teppanyaki room and a large group so it was a lot of wine and we paid corkage. I'd say its worth picking up the phone or tracking down Facebook/Twitter for your preferred restaurants and just plain asking :)

Advertisement