Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw June 9th

• 08-06-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

seth-rollins-joins-evolution.jpg

The WWE Universe is still reeling from last week’s massive shake-ups that saw Batista quit WWE, Seth Rollins turn on his Shield compatriots and Daniel Bryan’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship reign come under fire once again. The questions continue to multiply as we approach this week’s Raw, live in Minneapolis. Here are five to focus on.

1. Will Ambrose & Reigns attain retribution? (Less than 24 hours after putting his body and career on the line in a hellacious six-man battle against Evolution at WWE Payback — a clash The Shield won decisively, by the way — Seth Rollins and a few well-timed steel chair strikes obliterated one of the most dominant factions in all of sports-entertainment history.

Those hoping for some sort of explanation from The Architect himself were left disappointed on SmackDown, when Rollins told the WWE Universe that the only person who needs to know why he turned his back on his brothers is himself. As Triple H said in his exclusive WWE.com interview on Wednesday, the calculating Rollins was long considered the “brains” of The Shield, so how will Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns fare without him? We’ll hopefully get an answer to that question from the remaining Hounds of Justice when they appear on this week’s Raw.)

2. How healthy is Daniel Bryan? (Stephanie McMahon continues to force our injured WWE World Heavyweight Champion into difficult situations. Now, if the leader of the “Yes!” Movement is medically cleared to compete June 29 at WWE Money in the Bank, he must defend his illustrious title against Kane in a perilous Stretcher Match. If Bryan is not yet recovered from neck surgery at that time, the title will be vacated and, for the first time ever, will be put up for grabs in a monumental Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

One week after Stephanie announced the two potential fates of the WWE World Heavyweight Title, she will officially address the health of its current bearer. What new information about Bryan’s condition will The Authority unearth?)

3. Who will enter the Money in the Bank Ladder Match? (Last Monday night, this year’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match began to take shape when Alberto Del Rio defeated Dolph Ziggler to become the first Superstar to qualify for the high-stakes bout. No stranger to Money in the Bank glory, having used a Money in the Bank victory to catapult himself to a WWE Championship victory in 2011, Del Rio faces an as-yet-unknown field of competition.

Who will join Del Rio in this career-changing Ladder Match? Moreover, what will its participants be vying for, a WWE World Heavyweight Championship contract or the coveted title itself?)

4. Who will Damien Sandow be this week? (It’s no wonder why Damien Sandow was once confused for one of Adam Rose’s costumed “Rosebuds.” We’ve seen Sandow make a spectacle of himself as Magneto, Sherlock Holmes, Davy Crockett, Indiana Pacer Lance Stephenson and a rapper named D-Sizzle in recent weeks, making us wonder if the so-called “Intellectual Savior of the Masses” might need some “saving” himself.

Then again, Sandow’s eccentric brand of live-action role-playing — LARPing for the uninitiated —is undeniably entertaining, even if it hasn’t necessarily translated to in-ring success. Maybe there’s an end-game to this bizarre fashion show that hasn’t been brought to light just yet. Regardless, we can’t wait to see who this verbose Superstar will channel next.)

5. How is Bray Wyatt ‘reborn’? (After Bray Wyatt’s disciples, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, defeated WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos in a non-title encounter on Raw — putting the swamp monsters in strong contention for the championships— The Eater of Worlds returned on SmackDown to deliver an unsettling message to the WWE Universe.

“There’s nothing left to fear,” Wyatt said, speaking out for the first time since his Last Man Standing Match defeat to John Cena at WWE Payback. “Brothers and sisters, I am reborn. Join me.”

Despite Cena’s hard-fought victory over “The Man of 1,000 Truths,” it appears as though The Wyatt Family is just as treacherous as ever. Perhaps the group’s most heinous horrors have yet to be unleashed.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

BETTER BE AN AMBROSE PROMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    4. Who will Damien Sandow be this week? (It’s no wonder why Damien Sandow was once confused for one of Adam Rose’s costumed “Rosebuds.” We’ve seen Sandow make a spectacle of himself as Magneto, Sherlock Holmes, Davy Crockett, Indiana Pacer Lance Stephenson and a rapper named D-Sizzle in recent weeks, making us wonder if the so-called “Intellectual Savior of the Masses” might need some “saving” himself.

Then again, Sandow’s eccentric brand of live-action role-playing — LARPing for the uninitiated —is undeniably entertaining, even if it hasn’t necessarily translated to in-ring success. Maybe there’s an end-game to this bizarre fashion show that hasn’t been brought to light just yet. Regardless, we can’t wait to see who this verbose Superstar will channel next.)

hopefully he comes out dressed as Lesnar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sandow needs saving?

Bray Wyatt to the rescue

or maybe Bo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Honestly, I look forward to seeing what Sandow does each week. This gimmick appeared to suck at the beginning, but its taken some interesting and undoubtedly entertaining turns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm just glad he's back on TV. He's hugely entertaining and talented.

Does he deserve better then low card comedy act though? Hell yes. The fact he's so good at it probably works against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Or Jesse Ventura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Or CM Punk. Would have been better in Chicago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm expecting Ambrose & Reigns to get their hands on Rollins and beat him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

They won't get near him tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm expecting Ambrose & Reigns to get their hands on Rollins and beat him down.

That shouldn't happen for weeks, and shouldn't be on TV. That's a PPV moment you get people to pay for, and the end of the feud....

• Advertisement

That shouldn't happen for weeks, and shouldn't be on TV. That's a PPV moment you get people to pay for, and the end of the feud....

Well Rollins/Ambrose is being planned for Money In The Bank, and Rollins/Reigns being planned for Battleground..... So between now & then, I'd say let the tension build and have Rollins claim he was the better man in The Shield

http://www.sescoops.com/two-huge-matches-rumored-wwe-mitb-ppv-battleground-summerslam-rumors/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Yeah, Rollins and Evolution need to get a few over the Shield for a few weeks before there's any payback. They need to cement Rollins as a heel and I reckon that mans him beating the lads in sneaky circumstances.

Also Trips hasn't won on PPV since before WrestleMania, so Evolution winning at MITB means I don't think we'll be seeing the Shield beat them til SummerSlam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

HHH:

Breaking: The Authority will make a blockbuster announcement tonight to start #RAW. You won't want to miss it. @StephMcMahon #WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭IanMc666

Well Rollins/Ambrose is being planned for Money In The Bank, and Rollins/Reigns being planned for Battleground..... So between now & then, I'd say let the tension build and have Rollins claim he was the better man in The Shield

http://www.sescoops.com/two-huge-matches-rumored-wwe-mitb-ppv-battleground-summerslam-rumors/

Would absolutely love to see Ambrose vs Rollins in particular! Hoping for a mad Ambrose promo tonight.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    HHH:

Breaking: The Authority will make a blockbuster announcement tonight to start #RAW. You won't want to miss it. @StephMcMahon #WWE

Daniel Bryan to be brought out to the ring, ordered to surrender his WWE World Heavyweight Championship, he refuses, Rollins to a wall of booo's & you sold out chants ambushes Bryan & Stephanie & Hunter award Rollins the Championship
    Internet Wrestling Community explodes in rage at Rollins shenanigans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

1am start?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    HHH:

A ladder match at MITB for Daniel Bryan's title

And we're live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When she said "hear it from the horses mouth", I thought they were going for a lazy "Bryan is a goat" joke.

Interesting that sky sports still put that post-watershed announcement before the show even though WWE is PG. Strange WWE don't tell them to stop.

• Advertisement

Man, Steph is such a b***h,.

Bray Wyatt fan is the spit of him there, hahaha.

Surely there will be a 2nd MITB match for the briefcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so john cena is going to the shields partner

If Big Show ends up being the third man Ill stop watching wwe. The chap ruins every storyline he gets involved in.

Meltzer made a good point this week that for the top babyfaces they always fight on through injury. If they were ruled out through injury the babyface would insist on fighting anyway. For example if Vince was in the authority's place for this promo and Austin was in Bryan's place; with Vince saying Austin is too injured to compete you'd be sure Austin was gonna fight one way or another.

If they were genuinely injured then they would come up with some storyline to cover or just not mention the injury much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I'm late, what'd I miss? Why isnt Rollins out there?

They were mostly there to talk about Bryan being injured and MITB match is for the titles (both titles were hanging above the ring).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, what's the odds on a Cesaro run-in here?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so john cena is going to the shields partner

I hope it is Ziggler or Sandow in The Shield's gimmick outfit

Dolph Ziggler teaming with Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns, oh please let it happen... Dolph would fit right into the role left by Seth Rollins

Is Orton and Rollins even there?

Crazy, I popped out of the room during the break to hang out some washing and by the time I get back they've gone to another break. If the next segment isn't straight away awesome I'm heading to bed.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Orton and Rollins even there?
    No Orton anyway I think

Huh, I'm surprised we didn't see Cesaro come out.

• Advertisement

Luke Harper is really great, love when he talks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A ladder match at MITB for Daniel Bryan's title

Gutted there won't be an actual MITB match now. No cash ins this year! :(

Angron wrote: »
    Huh, I'm surprised we didn't see Cesaro come out.

He'll probably be in a qualifier himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dolph Ziggler teaming with Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns, oh please let it happen... Dolph would fit right into the role left by Seth Rollins

Could imagine Ambrose and Ziggler involved in a sell-off

IanMc666 wrote: »
    He'll probably be in a qualifier himself
    Yeah, but I was expecting him to come out, distract one of the guys, who then distracts Cesaro later in the night setting up a US/IC title match.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, but I was expecting him to come out, distract one of the guys, who then distracts Cesaro later in the night setting up a US/IC title match.

Ah, good point, gotcha :)

Really tedious stuff.

Ah, glorious shirtless Putin.

I can't wait for Rusev-Cena's feud just to read the online reaction. It'll be one cheesy feud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'm getting tired off Rusev matches there putting him up against no hopers, I wish he was fighting somebody is own weight. The matches are over too quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Cesaro vs RVD is a qualifier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Crazy Summer Rae makes me happy in the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Well that was amazing! :D Layla covered in milk! Savage

Now now Layla, there's no use crying over spilt milk.

Hope Ambrose and Reigns are angry and absolutely annihilate 3mb.

Edit: yay, this is great!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement